Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U.S.S Enterprise favourite ship

• 06-05-2003 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Its the big enterprise poll which is your favourite starship? For me its got to be the enterprise E (damn i'm good that rhymes) i know aerodynamics don't matter in space but it looks sleek as ****.

Whats your favourite enterprise? 20 votes

Enterprise NX-01
    0% 0 votes
    Enterprise NCC-1701
    5% 1 vote
    Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit)
    5% 1 vote
    Enterprise NCC-1701-A
    5% 1 vote
    Enterprise NCC-1701-B
    10% 2 votes
    Enterprise NCC-1701-C
    5% 1 vote
    Enterprise NCC-1701-D
    5% 1 vote
    Enterprise NCC-1701-E
    65% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Galaxy Class was kewl but the Soverign is just sexeh mmmkay.

The first enterprise looked like it was made out of toilet paper inners and pipe cleaners :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The B was pretty sweet, Excelsior class wasnt it?

But im gonna have to go with the big E as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Links to pics of the ships would have been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

D does it for me (that rhymes too :))

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

shit pictures but hey

the crap one: enterprisenx01_120.jpg

A: SHQR1E23.GIF

B: SHQR1E25.GIF

C: SHQR1N65.GIF

D:SHQR1E01.GIF

E: DBTRA001.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by SofaKing
    The B was pretty sweet, Excelsior class wasnt it?
    Twas indeed, there were some varients, the one that faught the borg at wolf 359 was dirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

apart from the enterprises anyone particurlarly like/dislike any other classes of starships, have to say i didn't think much of voyager, but i really like the defiant, and other classes such as the Akira Class starships and some of the others that where introduced in first contact in the inital borg fight (sorry i don't really know how to get images into threads only links i'm afraid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Has to be the big E. Definately the nicest looking of the lot of them.

The Defiant rocked. remember seeing an ep of DS9 in the alternate universe where it kicked the arse off a klingon battle cruiser. Dacent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by azezil
    Galaxy Class was kewl but the Soverign is just sexeh mmmkay.

My thoughts exactly
    The first enterprise looked like it was made out of toilet paper inners and pipe cleaners :)

...it was made out of toilet paper inners and pipe cleaners ;)

i'm not sure how good a job the guys did of making the nx-01 look older so to speak then the ncc-1701, i still think it looks more advanced even though its about a century before its time or so. Maybe they should have used a Daedulus class ship or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They did a good job with the NX-01. The Enterprise before the refit just looked stupid.

http://www.scifispace.com/html/stenterprise.php

ah i like the NX-01 and all that i just don't think it would be out of place in the 24th century on the exterior anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

E ruled :) i liked the Defiant, tough little ship

*waits for Worf* "little?!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I loved the A refit...ST VI really did it justice....amazing ship...

again the Enterprise B i have a such a soft spot for it...sweet looking ship...

the E has really grown on me...especailly watching it in the films....i think it really shone in Nemesis....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

What about Riker's modded "D" in the last ep. of next generation? Was pretty cool imo

yeah thats fairly cool and hangs from the ceiling of my bedroom and can be changed back into the normal enterprise D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

What was the ship in Voyager which seperated into 3 parts and had 4 nacels!

That fsking rocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That was the U.S.S. Prometheus

The E looks cool yes but i think the D looks hardier.. I dont like how long the E is.. it seems a little odd.. in First contact when it was looked at through the telescope it looked bad.... the D had more muscle in the way it looked. Especially the modded one from the alternate future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

preferred the interior of the Enterprise D, made such a change from the drab grey corridors of the other ships. The interior of the prometheus was really nice as well, it's a pity we didn't see more of that ship, it kicked all other ships ass. Voyager(intrepid class) would be a nice ship if it wasn't for the grey corridors. Oh and there was that "particle synthesised" ship, the USS "Dauntless" in Voyager's "hope and fear" episode was really bitching.
    pics here: http://www.qomar.fsnet.co.uk/ep94a.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The D does it for me. Not as sleek as other ships, but it was fcuking immense... definitely the leader of the pack. The E was nice, but it didn't have the HUGEness and power to it. Could have been any old ship tbh.

Some beautiful shots of the D in ST:Generations as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Of course i had to be different and vote for the C.
    well i liked the fukny D look off it and all that damage looked cool as well.

The enterprise D rocked in Star Trek Generations. I think they used classic star wars style animation which made everything look super-realistic, as opposed to the cgi in the later films which only serves to remind you you're looking at something that's not real. The bit where the Enterprise D was crashing into the planet looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Enterprise D seperates (and can merge again). By default. It wins :D

I know one of the earlier ones could too, but as far as i know it had to blow something up to seperate.

Yeah one of ones under Kirk I think. I belive that was the tamper-proof seal :p

Advertisement