Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer not booting

Options
  • 14-04-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi is there some that can help me . My computer is driving me mad I got a mew motherboard put in bye a mate and it work grind for about six mounts but little when I switch it on it take up to five mines for it to start . The motherboard is working put it just wont but up then after five mines I can hear it try to start for a bit then it start up . So I reinstall windows 7 on me other hard drive that is the computer think the other hard drive with know look so can some help me thanks Kenny .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Try unplugging the drive with the old Windows installation and boot the new Windows you installed on the other drive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Does it get stuck on the boot screen?

When you turn it on, what shows on the monitor for 5 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kennymat

Hi Mr.G when I turn it on there is noting on the monitor just blank it is trying to start up I can hear it trying to stare then after 5 minutes it kick in then it ok I can used it like it was new . Then when I turn it off and 5 minutes later I turn it on it start up with know bother thanks Kenny .

Mr G But when i turn it the next day for the first time it start all over again Thank Kenny

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It may be a problem with the CPU. Was it overclocked perhaps?

• Advertisement

Hi Mr .G no it was not overclocked i don't know how to do that and i ask the guy and he sad that he did not do it so back to the drowning board thank Kenny .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Perhaps a BIOS update for your Motherboard might help, but if you are not sure what you are doing ask someone technical to do it, as a failed update can Fk Up the board

21/25

Advertisement