Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Booked seats not showing up

Options
  • 28-03-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,I am traveling with my school (about 60 of us) to milan linate on the15th of April with Aer Lingus,I'm an Avgeeks so I went about booking the flight just to see what seats the travel company had booked for the school,but when I looked at the seat map and it only shows about 50 unavailable seats scattered around the Aircraft,Why would the travel company not have booked it yet ? I think other schools are going out to do the same trip,would Aer Lingus have chartered in an Aircraft for this flight ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They almost certainly won't have paid for assigned seating from experience of school/college trips - you'll get what's available on checkin.

It is unlikely but not impossible that there's an extra flight - were you not given a flight number?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Scotty15

MYOB wrote: »
    They almost certainly won't have paid for assigned seating from experience of school/college trips - you'll get what's available on checkin.

It is unlikely but not impossible that there's an extra flight - were you not given a flight number?

No they still haven't given us that info,It's the 07.10 to Milan Linate

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Scotty15 wrote: »
    No they still haven't given us that info,It's the 07.10 to Milan Linate

Which shows up on their website as the normal flight:

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/timeTables.do

How do you know the flights aren't booked yet? Because there are only 50 seats pre-booked? Not everyone pre-books seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Scotty15

Tenger wrote: »
    Which shows up on their website as the normal flight:

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/timeTables.do

How do you know the flights aren't booked yet? Because there are only 50 seats pre-booked? Not everyone pre-books seats.

Oh rite they probably have not per booked them then,I will just wait and see what seat I have when I get to the Airport
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yep, it's unlikely they paid for early assigned seats so they'll just do their best to sit ye in blocks on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Typical tour operators, leaving CC to deal with putting people in blocks on the day. :rolleyes:

Advertisement