Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoony reviews Final Fantasy XIII

Options
  • 03-01-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

He's baaaaack. :cool:

The man who produced some hilarious reviews of Final Fantasy games of yesteryear (check them out on Youtube if you've never seen them) has now turned his attention towards FF XIII.

Part 1 of 2 here:

I didn't find it as funny as his reviews of VIII and X (perhaps because I played those ones, unlike XIII) but there's still some very funny moments.

So glad I never went near XIII after seeing this.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Part 2 is better imo (and out):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I couldn't watch all of Part 1. I think part of the appeal of the other two FF reviews was how hypercritical he was over games that technically weren't all that bad (they were pretty great actually). But FFXIII's problems are too numerous and obvious. His main gripes seem to be with the story and technology anyway. I'd like to see him do an actual on the fly playthrough with commentary a la Phantasmagoria, cutting out grinding obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Infernikus

Had the pleasure to meet the guy and conduct a panel with him at a local gaming convention. great guy xD
    I agree so much with this review. I mean FXIII was so bad in the sense it was extremely linear and explained nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Really like this guys videos...specially the counter monkey. Is his name taken from the FFIV spoony bard translation?

I just couldnt get into this game and couldnt figure out why. I thought it was because of the linear corridors, but it was the same in FFX and i loved that game. It was the fact that i couldnt see the world in my head. Each location had no relevance to the one after it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

carbonkid wrote: »
    Is his name taken from the FFIV spoony bard translation?

It is. Don't think his latest series is as good because the older games are held in stupidly high regard by fanboys whereas everyone seems to hate FFXIII.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Everytime I watch this guy's videos I can't stop thinking about how bad that room must smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

snausages wrote: »
    Everytime I watch this guy's videos I can't stop thinking about how bad that room must smell.

I was about to defend him and say im sure it smells fine...but than again he is a D&D player :P

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement