Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who got the funk

Options
  • 15-03-2012 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I once got an album in a pub somewhere I think Eamonn Dorans about ten - twelve years ago .
    It was a compilation album I think it may have been by a load of bands in some college but Im not sure.
    There was a song called "Ive eaten all of your friends" by a band called the cannibals or something.
    Another one on it was "who got the funk" cant remember the band name but it went who got the funk , you got the funk, something something funk everybody got the funk . It sounds crap but it had great music to it.
    There was a load of good songs on it though I was hoping to post it here on the off chance somebody knows where this album came from ,or who played on it , and so on .
    I may have been the only person that actually bought it. It was in Dublin though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Do you still have the CD? Upload to soundcloud or somewhere so we can have a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

No thats the problem , it was one of my favourite albums from my youth but it fell foul to the curse of the teenage cd collection , scratched like fook in the wrong case with 7 other cds that ended up in the wrong case , then thrown away in a moment of anger when it just skipped one time too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

The funk song might be "tear the roof off the sucka (give up the funk)", by funkadelic / Parliament.

No its an Irish band and original as far as I know , I will try that one in the morning to see if its a cover but I think it was original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Was it that Coca Cola Blastbeat CD with all the young bands on it?

• Advertisement

No I definatly think it was a school of music . Its been recking my head for the last 8 years or so.
    Id probably hear it now and realise it was **** and my teenage mind just didnt know any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

cloptrop wrote: »
    No I definatly think it was a school of music . Its been recking my head for the last 8 years or so.
    Id probably hear it now and realise it was **** and my teenage mind just didnt know any better.

If only you knew now what you knew then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

cloptrop wrote: »
    No its an Irish band and original as far as I know , I will try that one in the morning to see if its a cover but I think it was original.

If it was a promo CD for the Ballyfermot Rock School then it most likely would've been a band known as the "Funkin' Freaksters" IIRC.

Advertisement