Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets fight against our broadband suppliers

Options
  • 05-04-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

hi guys..
    im writing this post to unite all of us against broadband scam that providers are offering to us...
    ive read few comments about providers and their offers but none of them can satisfied regular customer...
    up to last november ive been using eircom for 6 years and never had a problem with it, until than when my speed rapidly went from 3mb to 1mb and lower. i called them, to fix it and it took 3 weeks for that... at the end they didnt fix it and i had to cancel them and take upc of 15mb...
    now im on it for the last few months and i again noticed that speed went down even if their test speed showing that im getting full speed that im paying for...
    i went through few different tests and my speed is awfully low, from 1.5-6mb...
    so im askin, why am i paying 42e each month when im not getting anything in return...
    sometimes i cant open web pages, cant load youtube properly...
    not even if im downloading something it takes "months" to do it...

i found interesting page where lots of guys are complaining about upc..

check it out
    LINK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DesLyons

Erper wrote: »
    hi guys..
    im writing this post to unite all of us against broadband scam that providers are offering to us...
    ive read few comments about providers and their offers but none of them can satisfied regular customer...
    up to last november ive been using eircom for 6 years and never had a problem with it, until than when my speed rapidly went from 3mb to 1mb and lower. i called them, to fix it and it took 3 weeks for that... at the end they didnt fix it and i had to cancel them and take upc of 15mb...
    now im on it for the last few months and i again noticed that speed went down even if their test speed showing that im getting full speed that im paying for...
    i went through few different tests and my speed is awfully low, from 1.5-6mb...
    so im askin, why am i paying 42e each month when im not getting anything in return...
    sometimes i cant open web pages, cant load youtube properly...
    not even if im downloading something it takes "months" to do it...

i found interesting page where lots of guys are complaining about upc..

check it out
    LINK

Ive been with UPC for years never really had a problem except for one when we literally coudnt connect for about a week, they sent some out out and replaced the box with a new modern one and its been fine since

I complained about not getting the full speed and mentioned that i was getting low results on speedtest & me man said that speed test dosen't really work properly when its comes UPC Speeds.

But it only takes about 10 mins to D/L a film.. WE pay 55 a month and we have 3 laptops on the house & we split the bill so it works out fine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm with UPC as well.

Their TV boxes may be woeful, but their broadband is flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

i heard that internet providers are the worst in here... my friend went to germany and their internet is superfast comparing to this one here..
    if u get same package here and there, second one would still be faster than this here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

i heard that internet providers are the worst in here... my friend went to germany and their internet is superfast comparing to this one here..
    if u get same package here and there, second one would still be faster than this here...

Irish Broadband is ****e; Why? Eircom has been lacking investment for the last number of years, for a lot of things including replacing their old copper lines. However, most ISP's run off Eircom Copper, and this increases the price, contention ratio, and decreases top speed. With the likes of UPC who use fibrepower (Still using copper lines, there is just Fibre lines somewhere along the line) but they aren't using Eircom copper, which allows for a lower contention ratio and faster speeds and a lower price, as they aren't paying Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

thats what im saying, very slow, prices sky high, and not getting what we paid...
    i mean, im the only guy who wants to send them all a letter saying those things and they wont listen..
    if there is like 50k of people thinking the same, than it could matter to them..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

im with magnet broadband and i find them brill when my internet went they had an engineer out the following day and i had the modem replaced cus thanks to my dog she had wires chewed replaced it no hassle and theyre broadband packages start from 10e check them out www.magnet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Cities in Germany probably have larger populations than Ireland as a country. Very few companies will invest without a return.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have no idea what this has to do with Limerick City.

Thread closed.

OP, send me a PM if you want me to move this to a more appropriate forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement