Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Announcement] Merging Clare Forum into Limerick Forum

Options
  • 01-04-2011 11:30am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

We the mods have noticed that the majority of the traffic in the mid-west area of boards goes to the Limerick Forum and it can be cumbersome to have to deal with the other sub forums so we are going to trial merging some of the forums in with Limerick, Clare will be the first 1, I hope to be able to merge it tomorrow (weekend taken over, great )

The downsides of merging the 2 forums is that the biggest will take over the other one and there is no way to keep note of which threads were in Clare before the merge, it'll be safe to assume that everything will be Limerick.

Any questions/feedback/issues please feel free to post in this thread, I will be offline a bit today so I can't be sure to pick up PMs but the other mods will be keeping and eye on this thread as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:pac:

Super idea btw,everyone knows that UL is in Clare anyway and that Shannon Airport is in Limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's all the mid-west really so shouldn't have a huge impact on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Oh yeah, that'll be great,,,,,,,;)

Clare person: "NO FORUM EXTENSION!"

Nice try Clareman.

Clareman wrote: »
    It's all the mid-west really so shouldn't have a huge impact on anything.

you're all backwards in my eyes anyway,your rugby team sucks too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I played rugby in Limerick for many years, I've never played for a Clare based rugby team, but I have played GAA for Clare.

This isn't a political decision btw, it's purely down to the admin of boards, there's almost a 1000s forums at this stage, it needs some pruning, alot of the regional forums will be changing, we're just the guinea-pigs here in the midwest

• Advertisement

I played rugby in Limerick for many years, I've never played for a Clare based rugby team, but I have played GAA for Clare.

This isn't a political decision btw, it's purely down to the admin of boards, there's almost a 1000s forums at this stage, it needs some pruning, alot of the regional forums will be changing, we're just the guinea-pigs here in the midwest

I meant Munster :pac::pac:

There's more to Munster than just the mid-west (bowing to the Cork crowd here :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Bout time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

And so it begins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

You're such a douche Clareman, and you call yourself a moderator ;)

Clearly you Clare folk aren't much on the intelligence stakes.

What you really need to do, and it would greatly enhance the overall boards experience for a broader base of Mid-West users, is not to merge the Two Forums, but instead to extend the Limerick Forum into the Clare forum, so that it takes over most of the busier and popular threads.

Then what ever threads are left in the Clare forum can be used to store the 'junk' posts from the Limerick Forum - kind of like a 'Rubbish-Dump' that services the Limerick Forum, and keeps it cleaner, making it easier and more pleasant for all the mid-west users, including those from Clare, who can use it whenever they like anyway, and as you say probably do.

That way you can have one clean Forum and one 'Rubbish-Dump' forum.

It makes more sense to use the Clare Forum as the 'rubbish-dump', because most of the rubbish posts originate in the Limerick Forum, so they need to be moved somewhere.

• Advertisement

What about the Limerick County forum?
    That should surely be merged as well?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick County will more than likely be merged into a new Region forum with Kerry and Cork.

Limerick County will more than likely be merged into a new Region forum with Kerry and Cork.

That is bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Ah, is it still an April's fools if the idea is a good one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And we all know, Kilkee is the Costa Del Limerick ha ha but from what I heard Clare people dont think of it as Clare anyway.

Good idea Mods, dont know how it will work out or moving the county forum in with the likes of Kerry etc, if anything I would have left Clare on its own and moved the county to the city

@TestesTransmission - you are only angry because you dont follow Rugby, and you are living in the Capital of Rugby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Shenanigans I say!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

we are on to your poor april fools joke clareman;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

April fools or not, the Limerick/Clare divide is a piece of English colonialism that should be swept away. Give us back Thomond and to hell with English imposed counties. It takes a nation of millions to hold us back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I rarely ever visited the Clare Forum. I don't even think I have visited the County Limerick one at all this year.

It's a whole whatever thing to me anyway.(not that we were asked of course :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Clareman, I will believe you when you change your name to Limerickman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

this thread needs more cats...

You can't blame a guy for trying :)

Of course this was an attempt (poor at that) at an April's Fool

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can't blame a guy for trying :)

Of course this was an attempt (poor at that) at an April's Fool

Thought April fools was supposed to be funny. :confused:

comic+book+guy.jpg

Worst April Fools Ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Hi all,

We the mods have noticed that the majority of the traffic in the mid-west area of boards goes to the Limerick Forum and it can be cumbersome to have to deal with the other sub forums so we are going to trial merging some of the forums in with Limerick, Clare will be the first 1, I hope to be able to merge it tomorrow (weekend taken over, great )

The downsides of merging the 2 forums is that the biggest will take over the other one and there is no way to keep note of which threads were in Clare before the merge, it'll be safe to assume that everything will be Limerick.

Any questions/feedback/issues please feel free to post in this thread, I will be offline a bit today so I can't be sure to pick up PMs but the other mods will be keeping and eye on this thread as well.

Please dont

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Please dont

You should try to read a thread in full before posting in it. This one was an April Fools' Day joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

You should try to read a thread in full before posting in it. This one was an April Fools' Day joke...

ya i know i did and i for got to put the eyes rolling up to the heavens (how do you do that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

:rolleyes:

Whole load of smilies at the side of the text box.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Finally, Our boundry extension...

• Advertisement
Advertisement