Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishbb cork

Options
  • 11-12-2003 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

in enn:
    "Wireless broadband provider Irish Broadband has announced that it has signed a contract to establish a high site in Cork. The site is located above the R&H Hall building in Centre Park Road, Marina Walk. Connectivity to Irish Broadband's service is usually available within a five-kilometre radius of a high site for customers with a roof-mounted antenna. "On the back of ComReg awarding us with the licence to provide broadband services to Cork, we are commencing the roll out, so that within weeks we will be providing true broadband to business and home Internet users in Cork," said Paul Doody, managing director of Irish Broadband. "

Note the within weeks(if you can or want to put an aerial on your roof)........nothing about them rolling out ripwave to other sites. Whats the story with that, their go'in to miss a big oppurtunity if they miss chrimbo......It's not as if they couldn't plan for them getting the licences. I'm gonna give them till mid jan,04 then it's iolbb...
    j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Oh nice one, I can see that building from my house. Hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

good news, pity i'm stuck with iol anytime for another 10 months, and i'm probably slightly out of coverage
    balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

They didnt waste any time. Wonder if the rest of the licensees will be as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by parasite
    good news, pity i'm stuck with iol anytime for another 10 months, and i'm probably slightly out of coverage
    balls

You have a 3 month notice period if you wish to cancel IOL Anytime.

viking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by yellum
    Oh nice one, I can see that building from my house. Hurrah.
    It's got so many aerials on it at this stage the Dukes of Hazzard could drive around in it.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

These new license holders should approach O2 and use one of their sites for a base station added to a 2MB backhaul from them back to Dublin (They have loads of spare microwave backhaul).

It sounds so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by viking
    You have a 3 month notice period if you wish to cancel IOL Anytime.
    Not according to the terms and conditions in the PDF application form on the IOL site:
    Ireland On-Line Terms & Conditions of Service
    applicable to IOL Anytime, NetSmart & IOL Free
    6. Term and Termination
    6.1 This Agreement shall be for initial term of 1 year and shall continue for further periods of 1 year unless terminated in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
    6.2 The Customer may terminate the Agreement after the initial term upon reasonable written notice to Esat BT and any such termination shall be effective on the expiry of such notice period.
    6.3 Esat BT may terminate this Agreement at any time without reason. Notwithstanding such termination any Customer of the NetSmart Service who seeks to terminate shall be liable to pay for any outstanding charges up to and until the next billing date.
    6.4 IOL Anytime customers, upon termination, acknowledge that any sums paid to Esat BT are non-refundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

going OT here but...

When I spoke to an Esat BT rep on the phone about moving from UTVip to Anytime and he told me that the minimum contract was 12 months but that there was a 90 day notice period required for cancellation.

T & C's seem to contradict this.:rolleyes:

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Great, Castlemartyr is only 4.5k From R&h HALL (NOT!!!!)

Wexfordman
    (thats gonna confuse people)

Also, not wishing to jynx this, but this is the same building that "Formus" broadband were on before they went belly up. Prett obvious building really, nearly every wireless co in the country is using it though.
    wexfordman

• Advertisement

Originally posted by wexfordman
    Also, not wishing to jynx this, but this is the same building that "Formus" broadband were on before they went belly up. Prett obvious building really, nearly every wireless co in the country is using it though.
    wexfordman
    Cork isn't exactly built for wireless. R&H Hall's in one of the few locations that has a wide sweep of coverage, plus of course the owners have been dealing with wireless companies for years, so you won't get all the hassle of dealing with a newbie. The Hall building is par for the course, the only losers here will be the robbers already up there charging leased line money for pretty basic wireless links. I'm looking at you Chorus. And you Esat.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Also, not wishing to jynx this, but this is the same building that "Formus" broadband were on before they went belly up
    Formus were on R&H hall in Dublin, not Cork AFAIK.

============================================
    Formus were on R&H hall in Dublin, not Cork AFAIK.
    ============================================

I'm pretty sure they were up there on the Cork building as well before they went bust!!!!

I was'nt aware chorus and Esat BT were on it though.... What are Chorus using it for ?

Wexfordman

Originally posted by wexfordman
    I was'nt aware chorus and Esat BT were on it though.... What are Chorus using it for ?
    Wireless leased lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Dont suppose pings have improved on IBB have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

where abouts is this R&H Hall? dont know it by name at all

Stand outside the new building right across from City Hall. Look left down the far quays. See the monstrosity? That's it. :)

adam

Advertisement