Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good new tv shows out (by boards standards)

Options
  • 21-02-2009 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

i was just thinking when i realised my topic on wire had been movied to the site forum (which i looked for and couldnt find before i posted btw!)

Anyway i consider a good tv show by boards standard to be a show so popular it require its own forum due to traffic on the general TV forum being overun with said show.

so what was the last TV show to get its own forum? and any guesses on what is next to get its own forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭afatbollix

but them forums then get so little posts that there is no point in that forum!!!

o the late late show should get it right besie the Recycle Bin forum tho...

to be honest the reason the late late with pat is still on is because even tho every one says its crap they all watch it... its kinda weird... with comments like i watch it for its ****eness...

weirdos..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

na - heroes, bsg, lost, 24, house, dexter, top gear

plently of very active fourms.

once show finish they dry up a little bit like the wire (amazing in on ep 7 of season 1 now)
    Babylon 5 and a few more that are over have quitetende down but same is true for lotr forum
    The current shows and recent shows that have gotten there own forum. Any shows from the last 2 seasons of new shows even have its own forum?

to me that says a lowering of the overall quality of new shows - not enough popularity to justify there own fourm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

User45701 wrote: »
    so what was the last TV show to get its own forum? and any guesses on what is next to get its own forum?
    Deadwood probably should have its own forum.
    Mad men is the best show around at the moment. However, it's on quite late for someone doing the Leaving so I only get to watch it during the holidays etc. :rolleyes: Will definitely be investing in the box sets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

East Bound And Down is very funny. Its not on TV over here yet though.
    Well worth a search. It stars Danny McBride (Pineapple Express), Will Ferrell is involved too, so if thats your type of humor, you're on to a winner here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i couldnt find the east bound and down thread so just to let people know it got renwed for a 2nd season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

User45701 wrote: »
    na - heroes, bsg, lost, 24, house, dexter, top gear

plently of very active fourms.

once show finish they dry up a little bit like the wire (amazing in on ep 7 of season 1 now)
    Babylon 5 and a few more that are over have quitetende down but same is true for lotr forum
    The current shows and recent shows that have gotten there own forum. Any shows from the last 2 seasons of new shows even have its own forum?

to me that says a lowering of the overall quality of new shows - not enough popularity to justify there own fourm

I think 'very' active is pushing the boat out a little too far. Most of them are pretty much on the bubble.

I'd got out on a limb and say there's nothing in this current crop that needs it's own forum at the moment, but Fringe may have a chance if it imporves in terms of popularity. Caprica will probably just replace the Battlestar board next year unless it turns out to be a complete ratings flop.

Advertisement