Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional question

Options
  • 21-07-2013 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I passed my DTT in September 2006 and as far as i can remember applied for the first provisional soon after and the provisional would have expired in 2008. Since then I've stopped driving and lost the license. I'm just wondering if any of you guys could tell me if I have to fill out a lost license form and renew or do I just have to start from scratch and apply for another DTT and get the 12 lesson. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

spyder238 wrote: »
    I passed my DTT in September 2006 and as far as i can remember applied for the first provisional soon after and the provisional would have expired in 2008. Since then I've stopped driving and lost the license. I'm just wondering if any of you guys could tell me if I have to fill out a lost license form and renew or do I just have to start from scratch and apply for another DTT and get the 12 lesson. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

You can apply for a new one once the original is less than 5 years expired. I'd get my act in gear as the 5 year deadline is approaching.
    Go to motor tax pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    You can apply for a new one once the original is less than 5 years expired. I'd get my act in gear as the 5 year deadline is approaching.
    Go to motor tax pronto

Thanks very much for the reply, I'm going to get on it asap. I dont have any info on the license though, the exact expiry or any other info will I need any of that or would they have it on file? Appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

spyder238 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the reply, I'm going to get on it asap. I dont have any info on the license though, the exact expiry or any other info will I need any of that or would they have it on file? Appreciate the reply.

It'd be their system. Just go to the front counter, have ur pps number at hand and they'll tell u what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Faith+1 wrote: »
    It'd be their system. Just go to the front counter, have ur pps number at hand and they'll tell u what to do.

Great, thank you.

Advertisement