Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WALES RALLY GB 2014

• 03-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

10 days to go .to wales wrc.anybody heading over

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

If you are going be sure to go to "Irish Corner" in the Dyfnant stage. It's shaping up to be excellent.

http://ditchslapped.com/index.php/irish-corner/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Irish corner is going to be amazing. Will be like standing on a hedge in Ireland. Should hopefully give the Irish competitors some airtime as Irish corner surely will.

Daniel McKennas car is ready to go, what other Irish drivers are entered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Never been to a WRC event. Do they usually attract much of an Irish crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Was at 3 of these, 01, 02 and 03. Saw McRae, Burns, Sainz, Gronholm. Superb weekends. Would love to go again. Was at the Sligo one in 07. Haven't been since would love to go the Spanish or German rally.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Was at 3 of these, 01, 02 and 03. Saw McRae, Burns, Sainz, Gronholm. Superb weekends. Would love to go again. Was at the Sligo one in 07. Haven't been since would love to go the Spanish or German rally.

Fairly jealous. You got to see some of the greats. :)

• Advertisement

2001 was the best. Saw 6 stages, including the super special at Cardiff bay. Was deadly.

Richard Burns was crowned champion at that rally as well wasn't he?

Yeah he was. Only won 1 rally that year. It was very close.

The WRC was a different class back then. Steadily got worse from 2006 onwards in my opinion.

The change in the points system made a big difference. The 10 points for a win in the old system was worth much more than now.
    Some great characters back then too.
    Sainz, McRae and Gronholm were my favourites.
    Loeb was brilliant, no personality though, like a robot.

• Advertisement

Have never been to a WRC myself, Germany and Finland are on my wish list.

WRC has been steadily going downhill, so much so that I dont even bother to look up results anymore. Red Bull taking over promotion hasnt worked out and coverage now is worse than it was before. We need live coverage of the stages on free to air tv in order to make it popular again

We had characters (McRae, Makkinen, Sainz, Burns, Panizzi's, Gronholm and so many more) as well as iconic manufacturers like Subaru and Mitsubishi. The championship was wide open each year as well. I agree that Loeb had no real personality, but theres no denying he's the best rally driver of all time. So consistent and rarely crashed. Its a shame to see it lose the excitement it used to have. I'd love to see Solberg and Subaru return!

Solberg wont be back unless he gets the odd drive. Subaru may return someday but wont be the same I think. They wont use the impreza again as regulations have changed. If they do come back they would use a different car to comply with the next batch of regulations (2017 or 2018). Current regulations dont allow for the type of cars we all know and love.

Advertisement