Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to hide cables in a room that is currently being built

Options
  • 21-07-2014 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi - I am currently building a new house and will have a dedicated room for home cinema - going to have an Epson 6100W, Yamaha RXV775 and it looks like Dali 1 5.1 or Dali 5 5.1.

The house is just being built and I am wondering if there is anything I could suggest to the builder to hide speaker cable and hdmi cable. (I mention hdmi as I hope to have my AV equipment, PS4 etc... at the back of the room and I might use a tv from time to time instead of the projector for gaming).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

deano59 wrote: »
    Hi - I am currently building a new house and will have a dedicated room for home cinema - going to have an Epson 6100W, Yamaha RXV775 and it looks like Dali 1 5.1 or Dali 5 5.1.

The house is just being built and I am wondering if there is anything I could suggest to the builder to hide speaker cable and hdmi cable. (I mention hdmi as I hope to have my AV equipment, PS4 etc... at the back of the room and I might use a tv from time to time instead of the projector for gaming).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Just tell the builder where they are going and they can be hidden in the walls. Wall plates can be got for all kinds of cables. Very tidy job..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Once you've decided where you want them just ask the builder. We hadn't a clue about it when building an extension but hubbie just pointed out where he was going to have tv/upc box etc and gave them the HDMI and power cables and when at the stage of plasterboarding I think it was they put them in first. It's great not having the wires coming down from the tv to the digi boxes (tv is wall mounted). You might just want to get fairly long hdmi cables to be sure they'll reach rather than the short ones you'd normally get with the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deano59

Hi - thanks for your advice - I took your advice and told the builder and electrician where I wanted everything in the room - I gave them the speaker cables and HDMO cables and am delighted that hey are all hidden away now - thanks again for your advice.

Advertisement