Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

• 13-07-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

I just started watching this for the first time last week. Caught some repeats of the last few episodes of Season 6 on SyFy and thought it looked very good, so went out and found Season 2 on DVD for cheap

Bloody hell :eek:

Those mid-season episodes Surprise and Innocence were unbelievable, I can't believe I'm only discovering how good this show is/was until now

Not even finished watching Season 2 yet but I'm already planning on buying the whole series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

It was my fav show as a teenager, no need to buy them just watch them on

www.free-tv-video-online.me/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I'd just buy the first 5 seasons on DVD. The last two weren't that great. I wouldn't waste my money on them. You're better off just waiting until those seasons get repeated on tv again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I LOVE this programme!! Haven't seen it in years, but was obsessed as a teenager.

I thought all the seasons were good... the general tone changed as it progressed, but I still watched it till the end and wasn't disappointed.

I wouldn't really bother with the spinoff 'angel' though in case you were thinking of getting that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

woodchuck wrote: »
    I wouldn't really bother with the spinoff 'angel' though in case you were thinking of getting that :/

I thought Angel was a pretty good show, especially the later seasons. They ended it too soon in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I thought Angel was a pretty good show, especially the later seasons. They ended it too soon in my opinion.

It did actually get better in later seasons and it certainly had it's moments, but overall I thought it paled in comparison to Buffy. I'd still watch it if I came across it on tv, I just don't think it would be worth buying a boxset of it or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Siding with Josey Wales here. Angel was a great spin-off. Definately watch it. The spin-off begins at the end of the third season of buffy so you should watch it when you get that far. In many ways it was the better show.

Character development was vastly superior. Vapid, one-dimensional, caricature characters on Buffy like Cordelia and Wesley....become interesting once they joined the Angel cast and were fleshed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, it was the only Buffy one I could find though!

Loved Buffy and at first didn't really get into Angel, but got into it later when repeats were on SyFy. Was really impressed with Angel after that, some really great story arcs!

As for Buffy, it was one of the few shows where it felt characters developed over time - the main ones anyway, not like pressing the reset button every week like some other shows at the time!

Anyway, the reason I bring this up now is I've been watching "The Crazy Ones" lately - new show with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Robin Williams...
    There have been some Buffy references there so far...

1. Robin Williams character asks SMG character where she learned something - she replies "sunnydale" and struts off in Buffy-esque manner - this is a scene in the "out-takes" they show at the end of each episode

2. She comments on "Bones" and asks somebody if they actually liked David Boreanaz at all...

Advertisement