Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best laptops (physical) shop

Options
  • 04-10-2008 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi guys,

What would be cheapest (physical) shop in Dublin for buying a laptop? Almost sure I will buy a laptop online but I was curious to know which would be that actual shop in which sometimes you can get some bargain, if any.

Cheers.

PS: Looking on the (1000€-1500€) laptops range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The Laptop Shop in St. Stephen's Green shopping center have been praised a number of times here.

I believe on occasion they have actually matched online prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Yes, I was going to suggest the laptop shop. I bought mine there last December, they matched the price online and the guy who helped was very good.

I actually went there just to see the range, they guy interpreted exactly what I was looking for and gave me a good deal.

For that budget you should be able to get what you want (unless you go into the fancy stuff) like Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 churrusco

Great to know! Thanks for the answers.

Tbh, not really going for something fancy, but I definitely want performance. Looking for a good CPU+board+memory, 4gbs. Looking also for a 7200 rpm hard drive, the size does not matter. Not a gamer so any dedicated graphics card would be enough.

There is good deals on dells outlet, but if I can find something in a physical shop more expensive but reasonable I would definitely buy it.

Do you know if these compliments apply also for The Laptop Shop @ Dundrum Town Center or I definitely need to drop by Stephens Green shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

wondering does that apply to laptop shop in omni santry too, or are they all seperate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 churrusco

It definitely does not apply to the Dundrum shop. Confirmed minutes ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

I found the laptop shop overpriced and far too hyped up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You may have trouble getting a 7200rpm drive in a bricks and mortor store as they are quite rare in laptops. To be honest I don't notice much difference between my 5400rpm laptop drive and a 7200rpm desktop drive. 4GBs is a little easier to get especially if the store sells ram as then they could upgrade it instore if they don't have a laptop with 4GBs ram/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Why don't you check adverts.ie for some good second hand lap tops, could get yourself more value for the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Stay away of Dell and please don't ask me to start listing the "whys".

I'd rather go for a Toshiba all the way or a HP.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

gzoladz wrote: »
    Stay away of Dell and please don't ask me to start listing the "whys".

I'd rather go for a Toshiba all the way or a HP.

:rolleyes:
    That's just typical, make a ridiculous statement and refuse to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Companion Cube

Alternatively you can pop into any spectra store in Dublin and pick up a macbook or macbook pro in that price range. Look out for pretty good discounts,now that the new models have been announced they are trying to get rid of their old stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Dell are quite good. Alternatively, BMS (www.bms.ie) have a Toshiba/HP showroom open to the public on the Greenhills Road, just off the Walkinstown roundabout.

Advertisement