Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkshire Terrier Breeder

Options
  • 30-05-2011 4:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would like to find a Yorkie breeder, preferrably in the Dublin area. Contacted the Yorkshire Terrier Fanciers assoc. here in Dublin last week but my Yorkie bitch is in heat at the moment and am looking for a breeder soon.
    My dogs are registered and assuming the same, maybe too obvious but my first time to hopefully breed.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Are you looking for a pup or for a stud dog? Did the yorkshire terrier club not have any information for you?
    This is the info i found for them but maybe thats the one you contacted?
    Rita McCarry-Beattie
    (01-4974753) Email: candrbeattie@eircom.net

How old is your bitch?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Sorry for not being clear.
    A stud dog.

Yeah, contacted Rita but she's away for next weekend.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi all, do people realise that the rescues are full to capacity with dogs, the pounds are putting dogs to sleep every day of the week. I have seen numerous yorkies on pound sites, on dogs in distress....is there really a need to breed more....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Yes, there is a need to continue to breed well bred healthy dogs in order to balance out the droves of poorly bred sickly "pedigree", cross breeds and mongrals. If it were not for the people that invest so heavily in time and effort in reputable breeding programs the pet dog as we know it would truely be in a sorry state by this stage.

What I'd like to know is whether it is absolutely necessary for people to keep posting the same uneducated, off-topic drivel on every single thread. It's actually seriously putting me off the whole idea of rescuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What I'd like to know is whether it is absolutely necessary for people to keep posting the same uneducated, off-topic drivel on every single thread. It's actually seriously putting me off the whole idea of rescuing.

It would be a shame if you allow that happen AJ. If rescue is something you'd consider I don't see how a few posts online should make you change your mind about that. Don't let it put you off :)

I agree the above post has no place in this thread.

While I can understand your stance, and agree to a point I think it's unfair to say that you must be "uneducated" to be anti-breeding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Whispered wrote: »
    While I can understand your stance, and agree to a point I think it's unfair to say that you must be "uneducated" to be anti-breeding.

Not so much in this thread, but a lot of very wrong information is being posted on threads started by people looking for advice on finding reputable breeders.

No a few posts alone won't put me off, but all things considered they could easily tip an undecided person over the edge. At the minute I'm personally still looking at all options and remaining very much torn between them :rolleyes:.

Advertisement