Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and hunting.

Options
  • 31-05-2011 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Question: My cat just brought in a little dead bird. The interesting thing is she wears a bell. Could it be she just found an already dead bird and scavenged it as a gift, or does that go against some kind of cat code?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My guess is she caught it and decided to bring it back to you. One bell doesnt always work and cats can learn to stealthily hunt without actually setting them off. Multiple bells will be more effective than just the one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I think, dead birds are not interesting enough, a cat has to hunt for it's prey.

But how generous cats can be? They share their prey with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anecdotally, most people I know who've used bells have remarked that their cats just become stealthier hunters to account for it.

I'm sure to a certain extent bells reduce cats' ability to hunt effectively, but they don't completely stop them.

Advertisement