Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with MSI Wind!

Options
  • 11-10-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Having just bought my new machine today I'm having a few difficulties locating some buttons and need some help :o

How do I get the at button? It's located over the 2 key but I can't get it to come out. I've tried shift, fn, ctrl, alt etc but can't get it to work. Also, how do I get the wireless enabled?

One last thing - where do I get the product key for office express outlook? Is it on the sticker on the bottom of the machine? When the 60 day trial ends does it mean that my e-mail ends also? Would I be better off downloading Outlook Express instead instead of using the trial version?

Thanks in advance. Didn't have this much trouble with the Advent 4211. Maybe because it's an American model? It's the white 'love' model. Very cute!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Try pushing shift and the " ' " key which is above the right shift key on the keyboard. Or you could change the keyboard layout to the US layout, by clicking and an icon on the taskbar on the bottom right of the screen that should be the letters "EN" and click on english us. That should sort ya

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Having just bought my new machine today I'm having a few difficulties locating some buttons and need some help :o

How do I get the at button? It's located over the 2 key but I can't get it to come out. I've tried shift, fn, ctrl, alt etc but can't get it to work. Also, how do I get the wireless enabled?

One last thing - where do I get the product key for office express outlook? Is it on the sticker on the bottom of the machine? When the 60 day trial ends does it mean that my e-mail ends also? Would I be better off downloading Outlook Express instead instead of using the trial version?

Thanks in advance. Didn't have this much trouble with the Advent 4211. Maybe because it's an American model? It's the white 'love' model. Very cute!

to get the @ button hold shift..

To get the wireless working hold the fn button(function) and then press the wirelss key (you shoud see a button with what looks like a radio mast there somewhere) the fn button is also used for dimming and brightening the screen and also te volume...

I you don't want to pay for outlook use windows mail instead it should be on your computer somwhere, it's a slimmed down version of outlook for use at home, it works pretty well.. You can also downlaod Thunderbir for free and that will do fine for email http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/thunderbird/

If you don't want to pay for Microsoft office you can download a free version from here, it's called open office and will do most things you need and it compatiable with ms word etc.... http://www.openoffice.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Try pushing shift and the " ' " key which is above the right shift key on the keyboard. Or you could change the keyboard layout to the US layout, by clicking and an icon on the taskbar on the bottom right of the screen that should be the letters "EN" and click on english us. That should sort ya

Thanks, that did it!

Advertisement