Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet seems very slow

Options
  • 09-10-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

hello, i just received my new macbook, and the internet seems to be very slow . it takes 10 seconds maybe for a page to fully load. youtube videos take forever etc. just seems very slow for a brand new laptop. im connected to eircom, and we have two other computers in the house one laptop and one desktop pc connected viaethernet to the modem. is it my new laptop, the other two (which arent on at the moment) or is it the isp or modem, thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It could be your internet connection, the only way to really test it is to use a different laptop to rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

yeah i think its the connection thanks, i rang eircom about it

Advertisement