Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a tortoise.

Options
  • 01-08-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    We found a tortoise wandering in the countryside. Can anyone tell me what breed IT might be? It has a sandy coloured shell with black markings on it, no tail. It is 12 inches long and 8 inches wide. Would it have any special needs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

johnno1970 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We found a tortoise wandering in the countryside. Can anyone tell me what breed IT might be? It has a sandy coloured shell with black markings on it, no tail. It is 12 inches long and 8 inches wide. Would it have any special needs?
    Its a Leopard tortoise, they need a heat and uv source and they are vegetarians as you might already know. Thats a decent size one too, it could of escaped or been dumped, hopefully its an escaped one and can be reunited with the owners. I keep a few tortoises and turtles etc myself and mine have tried doing a runner before and were saved by a passer by on the road, they are not bad climbers either despite their shell they can get over small fences and walls if they want to. Try feeding it a mixed bag of crispy leaf from tesco etc and some rocket, bok choi, chinese leaf and dandelions etc If your looking to rehome it if you cant find the owners let me know I could possibly rehome it.

Advertisement