Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

This is in tesco extra in Finglas for 24.99 reduced from 49.99! It's still 42.99 in smyths. We picked it up for our little man for Christmas! It's huge! Age range is from 1-5yrs!! Two little people cars included. There was about 10 left this afternoon.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/pre-school-electronic-learning/c-447/fisher-price/p-1774/little-people-racin-ramps-garage/

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Tesco Ballybrack

Acer iconia B1 7" tablet reduced to €90, about 5 on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Picked up a few bits in tesco Tralee
    --Cook italien tomato purée 87c save 79c
    --Gia sundried tomato and olive oil purée 40c
    --Walkers roast chicken crisps 6 pack 57c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Thanks for the heads up on Kreo Battleship. Got it for 9.99 this lunch time in Tesco Clarehall. They were just unloading a delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

If you top up by €15 or more with Tesco Mobile you can claim a free ALCATEL ONETOUCH 1010 about a dozen left in Tralee (Manor), at customer service desk on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ms office 2013 home and student is reduced to 50 - nenagh and limerick so presume nationwide

Edit its a basic version so not sure if its even worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

2 Pyrex Slow Cook cast iron casserole pans in Homeware clearance section in Paul Street Cork, they were €99.99, are now reduced to €24.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyrex-4936877-Casserole-Round-Stainless-Steel/dp/B0082AT6YQ

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

Gormal wrote: »
    If you top up by €15 or more with Tesco Mobile you can claim a free ALCATEL ONETOUCH 1010 about a dozen left in Tralee (Manor), at customer service desk on display.

Don't bother.

Got one to use as spare & FM radio. Radio only works when headphone is plugged in (natcherly). But earphone is not supplied, and the f***ing thing needs an earphone with a non-standard micro-usb plug. Cannot even find one on ebay! :mad::mad::mad:

Waste of time. :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Be advised the Sony MP3 dock doesn't necessarily scan at fifty, but is supposed to sell at that. So if you're using the price checkers don't be spooked, do ask somebody about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Gormal wrote: »

Do you have to buy your top up instore?
    Handy as a backup phone?

by the way, anyone see any DAB radios anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

cerastes wrote: »
    Handy as a backup phone?

I think you buy the top up and they scan the phone in the same transaction. The total bill is €15..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

marrm wrote: »
    Don't bother.

Got one to use as spare & FM radio. Radio only works when headphone is plugged in (natcherly). But earphone is not supplied, and the f***ing thing needs an earphone with a non-standard micro-usb plug. Cannot even find one on ebay! :mad::mad::mad:

Waste of time. :(:(:(

as in this?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XMicro+usb+adapter+Jack&_nkw=Micro+usb+adapter+Jack&_sacat=0

yeah you buy the top up and they scan the phone and the price of the phone is reduced from the bill at the end of it. its locked to tesco mobile though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No, the stupid phone's USB side is non-standard size. :mad::mad::mad:

Its probably a "Mini" USB connection, the standard one for Androids and Nokias is referred to as a "Micro" USB afaik...

If you have a PS3 the controller charge cable should be the same...

Providing its not some weird Tesco connection... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

No, the stupid phone's USB side is non-standard size. :mad::mad::mad:

I assume you mean something like this...

31GnFz2O31L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Tesco have save €10 vouchers when you spend €100 in the Indo today, Valid for today only i think.

And the 25% of 6 or more bottles of wine starts tomorrow, for the weekend only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Heard on the radio this morning that if you buy todays Irish Independent, you get a €10 voucher for your shopping in Tesco provided you spend over €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Nice find on voucher, gonna be hard to spend 100 euro there though, what to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Spotted a few items in Arklow this morning
    Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Precision 8 pack - €3.18

325281.jpg

Passport Holder in 4 colours - Black ,Blue, Pink and Purple- 92 cent

325282.jpg

Picked up the last one on shelf Bartoline brush cleaner ---- 43 cent
    325283.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

Handy as a backup phone?

I got a DAB radio in Coonagh Limerick 2 weeks ago for 60c (I got the last one) but there were 3 in Roxboro on Saturday but when I scanned one it was priced at 34.99???

daytob wrote: »

Let me see: I connect my standard-plugged headphone into a headphone-jack-to-USB-cable, then I connect the headphone-jack-USB-cable to the USB-cable-to-non-standard-USB-cable connector, then I plug the USB-cable-to-non-standard-USB-cable-connector into the Tesco mobile? :eek::eek::eek:

You cannot be serious!!! (TM John McEnroe).

Why don't Tesco just supply the earphone? Simples!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I think you're making way more of a deal out of this than it should be. Its quite a simple fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

its a phone, not a fking radio. and its free if you top up, that could be why ALCATEL dont ship it with headphones, because of the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TheBody wrote: »
    Heard on the radio this morning that if you buy todays Irish Independent, you get a €10 voucher for your shopping in Tesco provided you spend over €100.

According to the ad, there's leaflets in store too so you don't need to waste money on the rag - unless you want the Dunnes voucher too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

TheBody wrote: »

They were handing out these vouchers this morning in Stillorgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

They were handing out these vouchers this morning in Stillorgan.
    In Terenure there is a big pile of them photocopied from the paper on the desk at customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Let me see: I connect my standard-plugged headphone into a headphone-jack-to-USB-cable, then I connect the headphone-jack-USB-cable to the USB-cable-to-non-standard-USB-cable connector, then I plug the USB-cable-to-non-standard-USB-cable-connector into the Tesco mobile? :eek::eek::eek:

You cannot be serious!!! (TM John McEnroe).

Why don't Tesco just supply the earphone? Simples!

LOL. That would be fun if you're out jogging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

€10 voucher for your shopping in Tesco provided you spend over €100.[/QUOTE]

Not much of a bargain on the part of Tesco as Aldi were recently giving €10 of a €50 shop and even at the momentIceland are giving €5 off a €30 shop or €10 off a €50 shop (if you could spend that much in Iceland in one go!!). Tesco need to up their game to compete with the competition. Every little helps but they could do more! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

et101 wrote: »
    €10 voucher for your shopping in Tesco provided you spend over €100.

Not much of a bargain on the part of Tesco as Aldi were recently giving €10 of a €50 shop and even at the momentIceland are giving €5 off a €30 shop or €10 off a €50 shop (if you could spend that much in Iceland in one go!!). Tesco need to up their game to compete with the competition. Every little helps but they could do more! :cool:[/QUOTE]
    Dunnes are doing teh same at the moment (on recipts afaik) €10 off for €50 spent and €5 when you spend over €30 = not too sure but a hell of a lot better than the tesco one.
    EDIT: just saw the other threads - sorry ignore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 aprilkitten

Boxes of thorntons mint chocolates for 1.24 in tesco carlow. White labelled. Got them at the weekend. Should be 5.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

KRSgh2zl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

Keter playhouse €57 in Tesco Naas today, 5 or 6 on shelf. Almost sure its this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keter-Holiday-Playhouse/dp/B008IHYSW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413392709&sr=8-1&keywords=keter+playhouse as they are selling it for £35 on Tesco direct. http://www.tesco.com/direct/keter-holiday-playhouse-yellow/215-8396.prd

I got Disney Car paper plate in tesco today 8pk for 13cent, really thought it was a mistake but bought 5 packets as we have sons his birthday in two weeks! Funny thing is was going to buy them yesterday at 2euro but decided against it!! So glad I did :D I also got Disney Cars napkins 42cent and Disney cups 8pk and peppa pig cups 8pk 42cent!! Absolute bargain. So many sales on at Tesco at the minute. Shelves are going bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Afternoon Tea tin of biscuits 8 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Sorry if it's been asked before but does anyone know if Tesco take the Dunnes vouchers printed on end of receipt - spend €50 get €10 back? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aprilkitten

I got Disney Car paper plate in tesco today 8pk for 13cent, really thought it was a mistake but bought 5 packets as we have sons his birthday in two weeks! Funny thing is was going to buy them yesterday at 2euro but decided against it!! So glad I did :D I also got Disney Cars napkins 42cent and Disney cups 8pk and peppa pig cups 8pk 42cent!! Absolute bargain. So many sales on at Tesco at the minute. Shelves are going bare.

Which tesco you get them in?

Don't be fooled by that 25% off 6 bottles of wine, it shouldn't be in the "Tesco Bargains", take Ogio Pinot Grigio for example, last year they were selling that for €8 per bottle...

6 x 8 = 48 less 25% = 36 or €6 per bottle

on their website this is currently selling at €12.99 per bottle

6 x 12.99 = 77.94 less 25% = 58.46 or €9.74 per bottle

Where's the bargain Tesco?

It has actually increased by €3.74 per bottle (even with the increase in Excise duty Tesco are still trying to make fools of us)

Need to do a lot more Tesco

Tesco have tins Kimberley for 9€, they are selling for 12€ in Supervalu

Which tesco you get them in?

Tesco in Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tesco have tins Kimberley for 9€, they are selling for 12€ in Supervalu

They should be €8

shannon82 wrote: »
    They should be €8

Weren't they €5 at one point last year? I remember looking for them on several occasions and was told by a staff member in store that they never make it out of the store in the shop !

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

Fiolina wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked before but does anyone know if Tesco take the Dunnes vouchers printed on end of receipt - spend €50 get €10 back? thanks

yes they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

. So many sales on at Tesco at the minute. Shelves are going bare.

What else apart from birthday stuff in that particular Tesco? Not sure if to drag myself there or not since I don't drive...thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Children's (age 2+) bikes for sale (peppa pig and Thomas the tank engine) at 17.50

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Technica and Tesco own brand DAB radios in Maynooth and Celbridge.
    Not discounted though........

uli84 wrote: »
    What else apart from birthday stuff in that particular Tesco? Not sure if to drag myself there or not since I don't drive...thx

Lots and lots of reduced toys! It's got a huge selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Children's (age 2+) bikes for sale (peppa pig and Thomas the tank engine) at 17.50

Which tesco sells these?

**sorry I see now**

Apart from Finglas does anyone anywhere else have big toys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone know if Finglas has the Thomas bike ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry never mentioned the store. Tullamore. And there was loads of both there last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement