Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvements needed to BE Route 109

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CVH24

Horseburger you are trolling again.

Vic-08 gave you that pretty much the 30 is off bounds at peak times, leaving you the 109 and also stated how it is managed to ensure virginia and cavan passengers get seat on 109.

Now the xpresso in Dublin bus is more expensive to the same place as a normal city route so why not and expressway.

If cavan and virginia paid the higher fare they could not be refused and the full numbers would become clear and BE would be forced to either resolve the problem as regards capacity or inconvience more people.

You think I am trying to be unfair, I am not People should have access to an express bus as possible based on demand, CIE as a company can give very detailed figures on passenger number and ticket sales, but as i said look at venting machine tickets in Busaras for cavan it has R109, the money is linked to that route so you travel route 30, it is still linked to route 109 but you went on the 30. Expressway carried you but the cost was offset route 109.

I prefer to incentive something the (carrot) not the stick, so that's why I looked at this way. like an accountant. Look at your takeaway menu, price for chicken curry say 6 Euro, Chicken Breast Curry 7.50 Euro. In other words you pay a premium for a premium service, you pay for what you get, the faster you want to travel the more you pay.

Now before you hit the roof I people do not want to pay that's not a problem either you can maintain the current situation where by you travel a peak periods you will still be on the slow bus to china, I thinks that not satisfactory either so i change tactics and said how can you make 109 work for everyone's benefit!

I like to keep all people happy, but you can not do that but I would settle for the majority, but as i see it the current situation does not do that either. I looked for ways to change you went and dug your heels in and still are to a lesser degree! Cheer up and look to improve things, the only constant in life is change, there can always be a better way.

Vic-08 gave you that pretty much the 30 is off bounds at peak times, leaving you the 109 and also stated how it is managed to ensure virginia and cavan passengers get seat on 109.

Now the xpresso in Dublin bus is more expensive to the same place as a normal city route so why not expressway.

If cavan and virginia paid the higher fare they could not be refused and the full numbers would become clear and BE would be forced to either resolve the problem as regards capacity or inconvience more people (enough compaints and that would push things to be changed .

You think I am trying to be unfair, I am not People should have access to an express bus as possible based on demand, CIE as a company can give very detailed figures on passenger number and ticket sales, but as i said look at venting machine tickets in Busaras for cavan it has R109, the money is linked to that route so you travel route 30, it is still linked to route 109 but you went on the 30. Expressway carried you but the cost was offset route 109.

I prefer to incentive something the (carrot) not the stick, so that's why I looked at this way. like an accountant. Look at your takeaway menu, price for chicken curry say 6 Euro, Chicken Breast Curry 7.50 Euro. In other words you pay a premium for a premium service, you pay for what you get, the faster you want to travel the more you pay.

Now before you hit the roof I people do not want to pay that's not a problem either you can maintain the current situation where by you travel a peak periods you will still be on the slow bus to china, I thinks that not satisfactory either so i change tactics and said how can you make 109 work for everyone's benefit!

I like to keep all people happy, but you can not do that but I would settle for the majority, but as i see it the current situation does not do that either. I looked for ways to change you went and dug your heels in and still are to a lesser degree! Cheer up and look to improve things, the only constant in life is change, there can always be a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

CVH24 wrote: »

Now the xpresso in Dublin bus is more expensive to the same place as a normal city route so why not and expressway.

If cavan and virginia paid the higher fare they could not be refused and the full numbers would become clear and BE would be forced to either resolve the problem as regards capacity or inconvience more people.

No, I am not trolling.

Again by accusing me of trolling, you have proved once more, that you only wanted people to reply to both threads, who were in agreement with you.

As you well know, what I was stating was, that your idea of charging people more to use one service, to force them use another, is only moving the problem of buses filling and people being left behind, onto another service.

You also know very well, that what I said was unfair, was the idea of charging people more to use a service from Bus Aras to Cavan on the 30 bus.

What then, if the 30 bus picked up at the airport and left other passengers for Cavan behind, despite already having Cavan passengers on the bus, who got on at Bus Aras, by paying more.

You would then be in a situation - in cases where buses fill - where Bus Éireann are treating passengers heading to the same town totally differently on the same bus because of the fare they are paying.

By your logic, if a passenger for Cavan at the airport were to argue that if they paid a higher price than their normal fare, they could argue that because they are paying pretty much equal to what Donegal passengers pay, that they should get priority over Donegal passengers.

With regard to your comment about the vending machines, the same argument could be made of Cavan passengers paying for a return ticket on the 30 bus from Cavan or Virginia to the airport or Dublin City Centre, that their money goes towards the 30 service. That is why I made the point before that considering that Cavan is a drop off and pick up service in both directions on the 30 bus, that Cavan and Virginia passengers contribute to the 30 service.

No, I am not trolling.

Again by accusing me of trolling, you have proved once more, that you only wanted people to reply to both threads who were in agreement with you.

As you well know, what I was stating was, that your idea of charging people more to use one service, to force them use another is only moving the problem of buses filling and people being left behind, onto another service.

You also know very well that what I said was unfair, was the idea of charging people more to use a service from Bus Aras to Cavan on the 30 bus.

What then, if the 30 bus picked up at the airport and left other passengers for Cavan behind, despite already having Cavan passengers on the bus, who got on at Bus Aras by paying more.

You would then be in a situation - in cases where buses fill - where Bus Éireann are treating passengers heading to the same town totally differently on the same bus because of the fare they are paying.

By your logic, if a passenger for Cavan at the airport were to argue that if they paid a higher price than their normal fare, they could argue that because they are paying pretty much equal to what Donegal passengers pay, that they should get priority over Donegal passengers.

With regard to your comment about the vending machines, the same argument could be made of Cavan passengers paying for a return ticket on the 30 bus from Cavan or Virginia to the airport or Dublin City Centre, that their money goes towards the 30 service. That is why I made the point before that considering that Cavan is a drop off and pick up service in both directions on the 30 bus, that Cavan and Virginia passengers contribute to the 30 service.

You are simply arguing a point not trying so look for a solution, may i wish you a very long and many trips on the 109 as it really is all you deserve and I honestly have better things to do with my time. You have very little indeed to do than, to keep going over a point, it solves nothing, build a bride and get over your Complex of entitlement.

You are simply arguing a point not trying so look for a solution, may i wish you a very long and many trips on the 109 as it really is all you deserve and I honestly have better things to do with my time. You have very little indeed to do than, to keep going over a point, it solves nothing, build a bride and get over your Complex of entitlement.

It was a point that you made, that has since been disproved.

You can't seriously expect me to consider that your concern for all the passengers, of the various different bus services, is in any way sincere, when you reply with an ignorant response like this?

• Advertisement

It was a point that you made, that has since been disproved.

You can't seriously expect me to consider that your concern for all the passengers, of the various different bus services, is in any way sincere, when you reply with an ignorant response like this?

WHAT POINT DID YOU DISPROVE???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Another point on the 109 route is the ticketing situation. Currently I believe the "internet ticket" gives students the cheapest option for purchasing tickets. This results in a huge delay especially on Mondays with processing these tickets. An option to purchase off the bus is great but the current one only adds to the hassle for everyone.

BE needs to encourage the use of Leap and Annual tickets and offer students a way to use either or another option to avoid delays buying tickets on the route.

WHAT POINT DID YOU DISPROVE???????????

Stop shouting, get over yourself.

I didn't say I disproved it.

Your first argument, that Cavan passengers at Bus Aras and at the airport are taking up space - for which you say Donegal passengers should be given priority at Bus Aras, despite Bus Éireann already stating this on the 30 bus pdf timetable - has been disproved.

Various other posters here and in other threads have shown that Cavan passengers are asked to use the 109 at Bus Aras in cases where the 30 bus fills up when there is a 109 at the same time.

Cavan passengers who posted here have also been asked to wait for another service at the airport to allow Donegal passengers use the 30 bus they had hoped to get.

Stop shouting, get over yourself.

I didn't say I disproved it.

Your first argument, that Cavan passengers at Bus Aras and at the airport are taking up space - for which you say Donegal passengers should be given priority at Bus Aras, despite Bus Éireann already stating this on the 30 bus pdf timetable - has been disproved.

Various other posters here and in other threads have shown that Cavan passengers are asked to use the 109 at Bus Aras in cases where the 30 bus fills up when there is a 109 at the same time.

Cavan passengers who posted here have also been asked to wait for another service at the airport to allow Donegal passengers use the 30 bus they had hoped to get.

The last point there I do not believe not believe virginia and cavan passengers should be prioritised at the airport unless there is a good alternative and 109A and 109 is not it could be slower than the next 30.

The point i have made repeatedly is Boarding the 30 in busaras is a nightmare as you can not tell how many will be at the airport. Correct? If you take passengers from the city you can not offload them so thats the situation, now I have never said i would not want to be on the 109 to cavan in its current form. Thats why it should be improved but if you look at the other tread you see councillors want it (every bus) to serve more places, as I set up earlier there are ways to try to provide all users with a better service.

I was on the 30 coming come and we got to Virginia running a bit late and behind the 109 by a few minutes good few got on at cavan for airport and bus only had two seats, arrived at virginia and 1 got off but 5 waiting, airport passengers only, 1 passenger told they should have the bus ahead, passenger said but this bus is faster, they let 109 go and had to wait the hour. the justification was the 109 serves the city and only 30 serves the airport, airport is priority. Driver spoke nicely to her but she could not understand the situation. Have seen it happen in Cavan too!

Its generally the buses from 0930-1930 that are capacity critical. The passenger numbers just can not be predicted!

As regards the loading notice on the timetable, that is just a gentle way of advising passengers the terms and conditions remain the rules, so as for foggy lad just pick up a copy, all tickets are issued subject to terms and conditions. I am very bad at reading them, I have never read a copy of ryanairs but have ticked the box enough!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Everybody -- relax a bit, read the charter if you have not done so recently and stop the personal attacks and back seat modding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

It would help if the buses actually turned up. Again this morning no 7:55 or 8:10 for Dunshaughlin. Bus passed at 8:20 full leaving a lot of angry passrngers behind

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

tara83 wrote: »
    Another point on the 109 route is the ticketing situation. Currently I believe the "internet ticket" gives students the cheapest option for purchasing tickets. This results in a huge delay especially on Mondays with processing these tickets. An option to purchase off the bus is great but the current one only adds to the hassle for everyone.

BE needs to encourage the use of Leap and Annual tickets and offer students a way to use either or another option to avoid delays buying tickets on the route.

If they could do this for all their commuter routes it would speed up all the morning buses!
    As I know the 111 from Trim has a fair few students using it in the morning. The internet ticket is about 2€ cheaper plus every eleventh one you buy you get free.
    The leap ticket does give unlimited journeys for 7 days but most students only need the bus 4-5 days.

If they could implement some rewards program for leap I'm sure its usage would improve greatly.

I asked a driver recently about the internet tickets verses leap. His option was internet was earlier till bus eireann removed the need to print the ticket, since this due to ticket machine problems they are slower as driver need to keep a list of the ticket and value him/her self.
    Leap needs to be speed thinks up and reduce driver interaction, and as others have said the ticket machines are not up to the just.

Drivers still think cash fares are quicker to load, I would personally agree with that but it will change as we get other elements right!

Advertisement