Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N40 (Cork South Ring) westbound morning traffic delays since Nov 17

Options
  • 19-11-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Since Monday, November 17, the west-bound morning commute delays have extended from junction 10 (Mahon) to junction 7 (Douglas West) with long delays visible until junction 6 (Cork Airport). Previously, the traffic was heavy but free-flowing however it has been very congested each morning this week and I have not gone higher than third gear in this section.

Does anyone know the reason(s) behind the increased delays? (Increased traffic volumes? A temporary change to traffic signals/routing somewhere? A permanent change to traffic signals/routing somewhere)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

teachie99 wrote: »
    Since Monday, November 17, the west-bound morning commute delays have extended from junction 10 (Mahon) to junction 7 (Douglas West) with long delays visible until junction 6 (Cork Airport). Previously, the traffic was heavy but free-flowing however it has been very congested each morning this week and I have not gone higher than third gear in this section.

Does anyone know the reason(s) behind the increased delays? (Increased traffic volumes? A temporary change to traffic signals/routing somewhere? A permanent change to traffic signals/routing somewhere)

There's an issue with the lights at the Kinsale Rd roundabout - whether it's a technical issue, or some incompetent Council moron, ruining everyone's morning, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

yes, I've noticed a couple of very short sequences where they go red again before anyone hardly has crossed them

• Registered Users Posts: 10 teachie99

Glad to say things were much better this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Am likely to have to use the N40 for commuting to work in the new year, for a while. I have always avoided it at rush hour so am not familiar with heading towards the tunnel from the western side. Any tips on what times are the worst in the mornings. 8.00 - 9.00 a.m.?

Advertisement