Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in on an investigation

Options
  • 06-11-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone was doing an investigation in Dublin or in the surrounding areas, this side of Christmas. If so would it be possible to sit in. I'm really interested in seeing what an investigation is like from that side of the fence. I am not a hardline skeptic or believer but I am very opened minded to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

investigations are very, very boring. thats one thing many people comment on afterwards. then theres the hours of analysation over the week or so after. tis not as much fun as its made out to be tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

It's out of interest that I would be looking to sit in on one.

Fair dues to ye. Im not Dublin based so unfortunately can't be of any help. Check out the meetup thread though as I think theres a group of people from on here that meet up every now and then.

maccored wrote: »
    Fair dues to ye. Im not Dublin based so unfortunately can't be of any help. Check out the meetup thread though as I think theres a group of people from on here that meet up every now and then.

Cheers. I was invited on one back in July but I was out of the country and sadly I had to miss it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would love to sit in on one myself.

investigations are very, very boring. thats one thing many people comment on afterwards. then theres the hours of analysation over the week or so after. tis not as much fun as its made out to be tbh.

Do you bring mediums on any investigations you do?

• Advertisement

Depends on the medium. There's been some who will help setting up the gear and spend the evening like everyone else, writing down any feelings they get for discussion later, and theres those others who every few minutes relate stories of how X, Y and Z are there asking about A, B and C. I prefer the former kind myself.

I'm always on for bringing a few people with me into carlow shopping centre if its ever of interest. has to be small numbers though.
    Would love to sit in on one myself.

Do you bring mediums on any investigations you do?

word of warning, if you sit in on an investigation and you see them do the same things as they do on TV, chances are they dont know what they are doing. There is very good chance of this happening :)

Depends on the medium. There's been some who will help setting up the gear and spend the evening like everyone else, writing down any feelings they get for discussion later, and theres those others who every few minutes relate stories of how X, Y and Z are there asking about A, B and C. I prefer the former kind myself.

I'm always on for bringing a few people with me into carlow shopping centre if its ever of interest. has to be small numbers though.

Carlow Shopping centre.... Interesting... whats the history there
    word of warning, if you sit in on an investigation and you see them do the same things as they do on TV, chances are they dont know what they are doing. There is very good chance of this happening :)

I would be quite suspicious of that myself. I would like to see (for lack of a better term) what a real investigation is like.

Gannicus wrote: »
    Carlow Shopping centre.... Interesting... whats the history there

just some of the bits recorded over the past year or so - http://leinsterparanormal.com/v1/?p=1062

They are actually pretty cool that video clip looks to me as someone darting passed and the light outside hitting them in their as opposed to a flash of light.

But you can't see them enter or leave on either side of the screen

• Advertisement

the only probs with that is that there wasnt anyone up there. myself and two others were there, and we were downstairs in a different area completely.

They are actually pretty cool that video clip looks to me as someone darting passed and the light outside hitting them in their as opposed to a flash of light.

But you can't see them enter or leave on either side of the screen

the plates rattling the last time we were in there i find interesting.

do you get phenomenon regularly there?

do you get phenomenon regularly there?

it all depends how often i get to go there. activity is not always happening - though ive been there quite a bit this year (well, maybe 8 or 9 times) and for some reason theres quite a bit been recorded. as I say though, thats not always the case as its very random.

I still cant explain this one mind you (click in about the 2 min mark or so). You can hear people shouting/talking and the music going up and down in volume, and turning off and on. Grand except the supermarket itself was locked up and alarms on. there wasnt anyone in there. there three people in this - me, and two fellas from a media company. I was just there to show them around.

it all depends how often i get to go there. activity is not always happening - though ive been there quite a bit this year (well, maybe 8 or 9 times) and for some reason theres quite a bit been recorded. as I say though, thats not always the case as its very random.

I still cant explain this one mind you (click in about the 2 min mark or so). You can hear people shouting/talking and the music going up and down in volume, and turning off and on. Grand except the supermarket itself was locked up and alarms on. there wasnt anyone in there. there three people in this - me, and two fellas from a media company. I was just there to show them around.

That's madness. I would really be interested if it were cool. Is there any history behind the Centre??

it was a jail up until the mid 1800s, then it was a factory making everything from airplane wings in WW1 to truck bodies and metal things up until the 90s. then they turned it into a shopping centre. its always had stories.
    That's madness. I would really be interested if it were cool. Is there any history behind the Centre??

Advertisement