Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Me Pick A Diesel ?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Recently sold the love of my life tonight ( Honda integra) and looking to invest in a Diesel.

Along the lines of a VW Passat , Jetta etc . can anyone give me some insight in what would be a good choice to pick or look out for ?

Im torn between the passat and jetta at the minute im just hopeless when it comes to diesel cars i dont have a clue :confused::confused:

any help appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

What's the budget just to know what model passats jetta your looking at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

How about a honda civic 1.6 diesel? 2013 onwards... almost 70mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

budget would be 4-5k . sorry forgot to mention :) 2013 onwards civic too expensive for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Recently sold the love of my life tonight ( Honda integra) and looking to invest in a Diesel.

Along the lines of a VW Passat , Jetta etc . can anyone give me some insight in what would be a good choice to pick or look out for ?

Im torn between the passat and jetta at the minute im just hopeless when it comes to diesel cars i dont have a clue :confused::confused:

any help appreciated :D

2004/2005 passat is what i would buy if i was you. Great car very reliable, Get a 130 hp one so have a bit of pep. Very little went wrong.
    The newer passats wouldnt be as good. Avoid the 2.0 engine unless newer than late 08 as it gave expensive bother with oil pump.
    the 1.9s were good but were only 105hp. Avoid BXE engine coded 1.9s as they have a history of self destructing.
    The newer passats have electric handdbrakes which gave bother as well

Advertisement