Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia VRS TDI DSG

Options
  • 04-07-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anybody has an Octavia VRS TDI DSG and would be willing to share their experience.

Thanks
    Vico

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd suggest debadging it , all those letters on the back would put a serious dent in your fuel consumption;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

just having a look at them now... never drove one but.....

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Skoda/Octavia/VRS-Tdi/1079362/

check the windscreen price and the ad price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I drove one last year, not the DSG, and I was impressed.

Very nice in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Have a petrol one, but drove a diesel before I bought it and it wasn't as nippy. Good car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've driven a manual VRS TDi (personally preferred it to the Petrol version) and I've driven a Passat 2.0Tdi DSG.

Only fault with the Manual VRS Tdi was bogging down in first gear. Only problem with the DSG in the Passat (and more so in the Octavia 1.9Tdi DSG we have) is when it's in Sport mode and holds the gears to long - just makes extra noise when it should change up to hit the peak torque.

Feedback from a Hyundai / Skoda Salesman on the car was - whoooooaaaaaaa - that's f**kin mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭omega man

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if anybody has an Octavia VRS TDI DSG and would be willing to share their experience.

Thanks
    Vico

Havent driven the DSG but i must say the petrol vRS is a lot better than the TDI model. Would only consider the TDI vRS over the petrol if driving big miles. Also bare in mind depreciation with skoda in general. I lost about 7K on a one year old petrol Vrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

omega man wrote: »
    Havent driven the DSG but i must say the petrol vRS is a lot better than the TDI model. Would only consider the TDI vRS over the petrol if driving big miles. Also bare in mind depreciation with skoda in general. I lost about 7K on a one year old petrol Vrs.

I don't think depreciation is that bad. Quick check on a few carzone type websites tell me we lost less than €1000 in a year. We bought an 06 last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Thanks for the replies

I currently have a 1.9 TDI DSG which is great.
    I'm looking at upgrading to the combi as the family as grown , and was quite happy to see that the VRS TDI DSG was now available , at a lower price than expected thanks to the new VRT rules

Think I'll go for a test drive soon. :rolleyes:
    Vico

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭omega man

Malari wrote: »
    I don't think depreciation is that bad. Quick check on a few carzone type websites tell me we lost less than €1000 in a year. We bought an 06 last summer.

People can ask for whatever price they want but the reality is you will have to seriously review it if you want to sell. I bought mine new for about 32K and a year later was looking for 28K but ended up selling for 25K. I would bet it will be even harder in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Malari wrote: »

I don't think anyone's paying the asking prices you see on Carzone though :)

What kind of power has one of these things got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Stephen wrote: »

What kind of power has one of these things got?

200bhp for the Petrol (Golf GTI engine), 170bhp for the Diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

omega man wrote: »
    People can ask for whatever price they want but the reality is you will have to seriously review it if you want to sell. I bought mine new for about 32K and a year later was looking for 28K but ended up selling for 25K. I would bet it will be even harder in the current climate.

Did you trade or sell?
    If traded.
    What model did you trade up to ?

I was planning on one of these as my next car but am having second thoughts now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

You'll struggle to find someone whos driven it TBH because the DSG 'box has only just became available in the vRS TDI.They have changed the injection system in the engine as well recently(For both manual and DSG transmission obviously) from PD to CR.i dont know what this does for the engine but its bound to be quieter!I'd reccommend one in Race Blue or Candy white BTW;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Have never driven a skoda, however am impressed with the VRS facts & figures, but in reality can anyone say what they are like to drive, in other words is it a sporty car and take bends etc with confidence?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Zonda999 wrote: »
    You'll struggle to find someone whos driven it TBH because the DSG 'box has only just became available in the vRS TDI.They have changed the injection system in the engine as well recently(For both manual and DSG transmission obviously) from PD to CR.i dont know what this does for the engine but its bound to be quieter!I'd reccommend one in Race Blue or Candy white BTW;)

Thanks, didn't know about the engine

Advertisement