Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G Battery life

Options
  • 13-11-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Got a Moto G when they came out last Christmas. Was lasting most of day with battery sometimes would stick it on charge in car to top up.
    Past week or 2 I notice the battery is getting really bad most days it needs to be charged by 3/4pm with low battery warning. Having to charge at lunch time if I have any hope of getting till night time with it.
    Turn off anything that might use battery but cannot find why all of a sudden the battery is not lasting.

Anyone else having problems with battery life ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

My Moto G is a couple of months newer. I used the Battery Doctor app to check things and shut down anything not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

I have mine almost a year and I have noticed battery life getting worse but nothing that bad. I've never made any effort to prolong battery life and just about get a full day out of it at the moment with wifi always on, location reporting on etc. I don't know if it's down to the battery becoming fatigued or due to me now having so many apps and the internal memory more full etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'd do a factory reset to make sure it is not something that you installed causing the battery drain.

Failing that, get it repaired under warranty. I think all mobile phones sold in Europe have a minimum 2 year warranty under EU law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

dubrov wrote: »
    I'd do a factory reset to make sure it is not something that you installed causing the battery drain.

Failing that, get it repaired under warranty. I think all mobile phones sold in Europe have a minimum 2 year warranty under EU law

Warranty does not cover battery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dubrov

Warranty will cover anything that fails in a period less that can be reasonably expected.
    For a battery, this would certainly be longer than 11 months.

If they refuse to repair for free, it would be an easy win in small claims court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Factory Reset and wait for new update to Lollipop next month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Before the nuclear option of factory resetting, check your battery usage.
    Settings > Battery and there you find a list of apps and their relative usage of your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Did factory reset and not making any difference.
    Also went and lost all my photos thought I had backed up.
    Is there any way I can get the pictures i had on it back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

deisediva wrote: »

Factory reset does not wipe the internal SD, get a file manager, they'll most likely be still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I used diskdigger to get my pics back, worked a treat.
    My battery life has gone downhill since 4.4.4 update, used to get 2 days, down to 1 now.

• Advertisement

corsav6 wrote: »
    I used diskdigger to get my pics back, worked a treat.
    My battery life has gone downhill since 4.4.4 update, used to get 2 days, down to 1 now.

Can't seem to get them back at all.
    Wouldn't mind if battery lasted a day by 3/4pm it will be dead unless I charge during day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Can't seem to get them back at all.
    Wouldn't mind if battery lasted a day by 3/4pm it will be dead unless I charge during day.

Did diskdigger return anything? Remember to select .jpg when scanning and also scan all listed memory locations.
    When you go into battery submenu in settings what is listed on top? Screen takes 40-50% and mobile standby takes 15-30% depending on coverage.

Just an update on this had reset and deleted all aps that I did not use and am using battery saver but battery life worse than ever phone is charged over night and sits in my locker in work till 2 every day so not used. When I use after work I get about an hour out of it before I need to charge its plugged in all the time may as well have a house phone lol.

So need a new phone am in two minds about another Moto g and not sure which model to go for. Needs to be sim free think argos have all models.
    Other than that I really only want to spend 150-180 max on a phone and have also looked at Lumia and s3 mini in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TLS2015

Mine was bought from clove technology November before last. Always got two days easily with everything on. After update to KitKat the battery was being eaten up. Tried everything short of a new phone. Eventually discovered it was the independant app (EDIT actually RTE News Now). Uninstalled that and back to normal! Mad stuff but there you go.
    Would you get a 4G version? Mine is the first edition but I love it. Could do with an SD card though. I will get another one when this one gives up.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

I had the same problem with my moto G. It turned out it was a recent update to RTE New Now that drained my battery. If you have it uninstall and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TLS2015

I had the same problem with my moto G. It turned out it was a recent update to RTE New Now that drained my battery. If you have it uninstall and see if it improves.
    Correction to my post it was also RTE News Now that was burning through my battery. They updated push notifications. I knew it was a new one and wrongly blamed the independent.

No don't have that have twitter/tv3 weather/viber/what's ap/Phlok/map my walk so unless its any of those.

Advertisement