Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to record your voice on laptop

Options
  • 12-03-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Am planing to make a video for youtube and want to know what's the best method and software availible to do this. IS a good microphone with software designed specifically for this and where can I obtain this either in shops in Leinster or online. I want something that is easy to us and produces consistently clear results

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

yoyo wrote: »
    Audacity should do the job

Nick

That require a microphone? and is it free?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

That require a microphone? and is it free?

It will require a microphone alright, but completely free!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I got a headphone with microphone on a boom for e1.49 recently, works fine for skype. Don't know what quality you want for free. 1.49 is nearly free!. And yes, of course you need a microphone, unless your device has one built-in.

+1 on Audacity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Shure PG-58 is a good quality mic specifically designed for 'spoken word', 2nd hand go for around 60+e.
    If you're a singer SM58 seems like an all rounder, good for live gigs too. Pop screens and reflectors are few pennies as an additions.

Would also need an XLR to jack/mini-jack convertor if using any of these more professional mics.

Windows OEM 'sound recorder' software is pure pants at 60sec max duration.
    Found Audacity tricky to save out as mp3, but have Soundbooth($) anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement