Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast: Sorry 'bout that We can't seem to connect to your Chromecast.

Options
  • 02-03-2015 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got this message when hooking up Chromecast:
    Sorry 'bout that

We can't seem to connect to your Chromecast.

Make sure your Chromecast is powered on & nearby & you are not on VPN.

When clicking on the chromecast app & then i got This web page is not available on chrome?

This is a website that had a better manual than the feeble one in the box http://allaboutchromecast.com/chromecast-manual/

It was recommended at first to hook up the chromecast for better reception as i've got the extender plugged into the chromecast & USB power cable plugged into the Power adapter for the initial set up, as i thought that would help?

Was looking forward to this, as i kept trying to get around to doing this when i had the time.

What could be wrong with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Does the other device you're using (your phone?) have an internet connection?

Is the white light on the chromecast when you're trying to do the setup (i.e. does it have power)?

Are both the chromecast and device you're using for setup within range of the same wireless network (with the setup device connected to the wireless network)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Does the other device you're using (your phone?) have an internet connection?

I use the laptop, also I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace, but it's slow & no GooglePlaystore on it & have not used it for this yet!
    Is the white light on the chromecast when you're trying to do the setup (i.e. does it have power)?
    The light is flickering non-stop, as it's connected to the wifi extender & the usb is connected to the adapter for the initial installation (Recommended)
    Along with the Set up screen showing ok.

Are both the chromecast and device you're using for setup within range of the same wireless network (with the setup device connected to the wireless network)?
    Both the chromecast & device (laptop) are within 3-4ft away, but the router is in a different room, upstairs.
    Btw: I posted this in the skyforum as i thought it was the router blocking it, but weren't helpful, although it's seems to be a problem all over the net with it :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

my girlfriend has just informed me of the same problem with hers, i got it for her for xmas and now all she can do with it is watch netflix.....did you get it sorted in the end and if so how?? thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Personally, I had the same issue (when trying to set up from a laptop).

When I did it on my phone (through Google store), it worked straight away...

Still seems to me to be pretty useless when trying to stream matches and stuff tho as the buffering and lag are just not worth the hassle...

Advertisement