Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croatia - Zadar to Dubrovnik

• 25-01-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey Everyone.

This is my first time posting on boards, always looking but just joined.

Myself and my boyfriend are going to go to Croatia in May, and we wer thinking about flying from Dublin into Zadar and flying out of Dubrovnik. And maybe renting a car to travel along the coast, seems like their is so much to do and see and i was wondering has anyone else does this trip and would ye recommend it??
    Plannin on going for 10 days, any must sees??? Heard alot about the national park and Hvar. Would be be reasonable to rent a car for 10 days?

Any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kittywake

Myself and boyfriend did that trip in March three years ago. We actually drove from Opatija to Plitvice Lakes first, and from there over to the coast to Zadar. We drove down the coast staying in Split for a night. We didn't visit any islands as it was off season so can't give you info on those. We took a trip into Mostar in Bosnia and that was great to see. We also drove down to Montenegro and stayed there for a couple of nights in Kotor which I highly recommend, it's only an hour and a half past Dubrovnik and was the highlight of our trip. Driving was fine over there, easy for me to say as I was enjoying the view from the passenger seat! The drivers are quite aggressive over there and will overtake you and honk at you to hurry up but just let them pass you out and it's fine! There wasn't much tourist traffic when we were there and I think in May you will be ok too, but I know that in high summer season the Coastal road is a nightmare for long traffic jams. Trogir is a lovely town to visit. All along the coast is stunning. The islands looked amazing. Dubrovnik is fab. You will have a great time, and having a car is a huge benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fads2013

Thanks Very much for the info, i booked the flights 2 days ago and im so excited now, hearing all good things about Croatia. Yeah i reckon ill be enjoyin the view from the passenger seat too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I'm going to Croatia also in June - flying into Zadar and flying out from Dubrovnik.

However I stupidly didn't check distance from Zadar to Dubrovnik and it's over 8 hours on a bus!! Are there any other quicker methods of transport other than having to rent a car like train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Definitely Plitvice lakes, can't recommend it highly enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Plitvice Lakes is grand but I was a bit underwhelmed tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The only advice I can give you is if you're planning a spur of the moment trip to Montenegro with a Croatian car be careful.

We got into all kinds of sh*t when we did that. Car was destroyed.

Enjoy the lakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh and yeah; its the most dangerous place I've ever driven. Croatians on the road are full blown mentallists with no concept of safety or risk. Pretty much a get where you're going as fast as you can by any means possible mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sports_mad_lad

Anyone gone from Pag to Dubrovnik? Going interrailing and flying home from Dubrovnik but would love to go Pag if possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

and by destroyed I meant vandalized

tyres, scrapes on sectarian symbols (a cross with 4 c's), window wipers, side mirrors smashed.

All cas we were in a Croatian car

Advertisement