Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing Summer 2015(first time)

Options
  • 27-03-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys myself and a few mates are going interrailing (22 days/30days) this summer we never done anything like this before.
    After doing a lot of research and halving my countries/cities I've finalised our route
    Amsterdam - Holland 3 days
    Berlin - Germany 3days
    Prague - Czech Republic 3 days
    Krakow - Poland 3 days (1 day trip to aushwitz)
    Budapest - Hungary 3 days
    Remainder of 7 days split between
    Zagreb or split (can't decide) Croatia also want to go to Pag Island
    Ljubljana and lake bled Slovenia

Where in Holland can we fly into from Ireland ? and where should we fly home from at the end of this trip?

How cheap is food/alcohol in these countries ?

If anyone feels to change the number of days allocated to each place if been before please do for example we would spend less than 3 or more than 3 if some places have a lot/little to offer.

Will this rob us altogether ?

Five 20-22 year old lads

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Fly to Amsterdam with Aer Lingus. Returning vist Ljubljana before Croatia as direct flights back are easier. Pula and Dubrovnik with Aer Lingus and Zadar with Ryanair.

Zadar would be closest airport to Pag island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lakepoint

Hi,
    Sounds like a good plan. You are spacing out your time well. Fly direct into Amsterdam. The further east you travel, the cheaper it becomes. We also took on Sarajevo and Mostar, in Bosnia, which I would recommend, as a result we ended up in Zagreb twice for train switch overs. I would choose split over Zagreb, you could also acess Hvar island easily from here. Check that your train ticket covers the ferries. I would definitely recommend lake bled, there's so much to do there and it's beautiful. We did our sky dive and paragliding here. You can also do rapid rafting here. Get bikes from your hostel and visit the gorge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pag isn't worth the hassle imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tonntaa

I flew to Eindhoven last month for 20 euro each way with Ryanair, and caught a train to Amsterdam I think that was another 20 beans but if you've your interrail ticket you're set. Much cheaper route!

Advertisement