Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated my laptop. Now the audio is totally screwed.

Options
  • 13-03-2015 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hi, all.

Earlier today, I updated my laptop with Windows Update. Now, the audio on the laptop is completely gone. I used the laptop earlier today, and the audio was absolutely fine. But now, I cannot watch even a YouTube video, because the audio cuts out, crackles, etc. This is happening whether I use earphones or unplug them and use the laptop's internal speaker.

This is a relatively new computer (less than 1 year old) and it has never given me trouble before. It's a HP Pavilion 15.

I have tried all the internet self-help things where it suggests turning off enhancements, etc. I've tried turning off the laptop, I've restarted it, I've done everything. But the audio problem remains. The problem absolutely, definitely, 100% only started once I'd installed the update. Before that, it worked absolutely fine. Since then, it's just a joke that I can't even watch a YouTube video, never mind trying to watch a full movie, or and episode of a TV show or even listen to a song!

Anyone got any ideas what I can do or what the hell is wrong with it? I'm at a loss. And I'm relatively hopeless with technology too, just to add to the fun. :(

Comments

Advertisement