Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stockholm/Copenhagen Trip New Years

• 23-02-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping that boardsies might be able to help me out. Myself and a few friends are thinking of going on a trip to Copenhagen and Stockholm just after Christmas this year.

We were thinking of spending three days in each city and getting the train between the two places. (We are big fans of the TV show The Bridge so this is a must!)

Anyway, my main question is which city is better to spend New Years in? Not sure if we would be into clubbing but something like fireworks, nice meal and atmosphere would be good. I have heard that there are really good fireworks in Stockholm.

Also is 3 days a good length of time in each or would you recommend more time in one city over another? We are trying to organise what day to fly out based on where we will spend NYE.

Is there anything in particular you would recommend we do? I know in Copenhagen we really want to see Christiansborg and the Little Mermaid statue but we have nothing planned for Stockholm.

Would appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm a huge Bridge (& Borgen) fan too so surprise, surprise went to Copenhagen & Malmo last Summer. We had a lovely 4 days. Went over the bridge for a day trip. Everyone recommended getting train over and bus back. We found it really hard to organise return section so went on train back. Bridge is well worth going on. Tbh, we were not as crazy about Malmo. A day was enough. Copenhagen is fab. The people are lovely-so friendly & helpful. We took a boat trip around the city. It was a great way to see the sights-don't know what it would be like in Winter. On the boat trip we saw The Little Mermaid-talk about a letdown...it's tiny! We went to a museum outside the city. I didn't like it but on the way back we stumbled on a gem. The author of Out of Africa, Karen Blixen lived in a lovely house which is open to the public. We walked on a trail, passing her grave. Tour gave us more info about her life. Oth, there is an excellent museum which was free when we visited. It's the main one in the city and I loved it. Oh, in Copenhagen lots of people cycle. Sister (& niece) had a great day cycling. I love Borgen so visited some of the sights too. Have a great trip. I definitely plan a return visit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

Thanks Honeybear!

I love Borgen too and the Killing. Are there any other sights related to the TV shows that you would recommend? I had heard that the little mermaid is disappointing but I suppose its one of the things you have to see while there.

Advertisement