Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSC Divina October 18, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I assume you want a group to share a table for dinner in the evenings - 'join my group' is a bit vague. I'm going on an MSC cruise earlier this year so won't be able to take up your invitation but can I suggest you provide information on how many are in your party and give a general outline of their ages and genders.

Or are you just trying to get more Irish to book that cruise? If so, maybe provide more info on the destinations - a link to the MSC website with details of the cruise would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chanowski

LOL...sorry for being vague. No the invitation was just to join the Facebook group to chat and get excited about the cruise together. The last cruise we arranged a meet and greet and some people booked excursions together. This is really just to get to know some of the cruisers prior to cruising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

cruisecritic.com is one of the more popular sites out there for all things "cruise-y", and they have roll calls for each sailing, where you can chat to other people in advance.

My current roll-call is extremely active, others can be a bit quieter, but they can lead to great things. Last year someone on the thread arranged a private tour that was magnificent. This year people are planning a large dinner the night before sailing for people flying in early.

The roll-call for your cruise already has a few pages: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1989208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Where you heading Thoie?

hdowney wrote: »
    Where you heading Thoie?

Fort Lauderdale - Nassau - Charlotte Amalie - Philipsberg - Southampton in May :) Second transatlantic - I can't wait! I actually booked this one about 2 weeks after getting off the last one :)

• Advertisement

I think I was wasting my breath - from flicking through the thread I'd linked to, it seems the OP signed up to the other site earlier, posted the Facebook link, then said they were going to try posting it other places to attract some Europeans who might be on that cruise. Guess we're the lucky Europeans.

That sounds a lovely itinerary Thoie. I'm doing Montego Bay, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico from New Orleans in September. Can't wait :)

And yup looks like we are the 'lucky' Europeans. I honestly really enjoy the CC site, and have made some Cruise pals from my roll call. We are meeting up in NOLA the night before the cruise for dinner :)

I've looked at that itinerary a few times - would love to see New Orleans, and interested to hear how you find Cozumel. I'm not a fan of flying (I'm not afraid, I just find it crazy tedious), which is why I like the transatlantics - I can fly out, sail back, and just have a quick trip home then.

I like CC as well, though compared to Boards it's a pain - slow, no search, can't do x, can't do y. It can also be quite insular - as the majority are Americans/Canadians, there are some among them that don't quite grasp that things happen differently in other countries, which gets frustrating at times.

Having said that I've run into some great people through it. There's a large bunch of us meeting in "Bimini Boatyard" for dinner the night before as well. I find on the transatlantics I'm one of the "young ones", which always amuses me, as I feel ancient!

Yea it looks like I am gonna be one of the young ones at 29. Taking my 66 year old mother with me tho!!!

I am not a fan of flying either. The idea of being cooped up in a tin can (which is overall quite small) with a bunch of other people for hours on end doesn't appeal. Also to get to NOLA we have to transfer (never done that before and canni say I am particularly looking forward to it).

Always wanted to see NOLA though which is why we fly in a few days early. And yup will let you know how I find Cozumel :)

Advertisement