Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Designer in need of advice purchasing a laptop

Options
  • 31-03-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

This is my first post on Boards. I'm a product design student on the lookout for a laptop for CAD, photo editing, rendering packages such as Rhino, Solidworks, Photoshop, illustrator, keyshot etc. I have a budget of €900 that can stretch to €1000 with in reason. I am a bit lost as I'm a a novice when it comes to optimizing computer components for specific applications. I would be really helpful if I could get some suggestions with some comments about why you would choose it.

Thanks guys,
    Hanomnom

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Are you in NCAD? My bro is, and got a Surface Pro 2 which you can use to draw on the screen. He loves it, and uses it for a lot of the applications you mention. 1100 would pick one up with the right specs I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hanomnom

Hi Alanstrator,

Thanks for the reply. No I'm studying Product design in Maynooth. I think the surface pro is very nice but would like more to get as much bang for by buck as possible. I think the surface prob would be great for 2D graphics but might not be as other solutions for 3D modeling and rendering. I'm also much more of a mouse designer but have used a graphics tablets for illustrator from time to time.

Hanomnom

Advertisement