Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I've said it before on here but Kayal is the most complete midfileder I've seen playing for Celtic in the last 20+ years. I never saw enough of McStay to realise how good he was but Kayal is special.

Coyle bidding £2m for him was a joke, Celtic shouldn't even have responded to it.

If Liverpool think Ki could be worth up to £10m then I shudder to think how much Kayal is worth.

After Carroll and now Henderson I wouldn't trust Liverpool's judgement on transfer fee's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

TheBuilder wrote: »
    After Carroll and now Henderson I wouldn't trust Liverpool's judgement on transfer fee's!

Either would I! But if they want to splash 10m on Ki then bring it on!!!

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Hope so, he makes that midfield tick. Brown back in the middle would be glorious! :D

Jaysis no!

Not a fan of Brown through the middle but on the right I think he does great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Do you honestly believe anyone will give 10 million for Ki ?
    That's up there with News of the World claiming Man City will buy Brown for 15 million a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    That's up there with News of the World claiming Man City will buy Brown for 15 million a few years ago.

It's up there with those Carroll/Henderson rumours :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The transfer fee wouldnt just be for the value of the footballer and its well know that Liverpool are desperate to crack the Asian Market. I'd laugh my ass off if Celtic were offered that much for him but I could guarantee you that Liverpool would make it back very quickly.

Or Spurs paying £9m for Hutton... Oh wait, that actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Henderson £20m, Carroll £35m, Jones £16m.

I'm starting to think he got ripped off selling McGeady for just £9.5m. He would be worth in the 30 bracket in current Liverpool money terms :D.

They all played in England though, at the time of their transfers.
    For some weird reason English clubs feel that those prices are justified when it concerns English players.

If it happens that must mean we could sell Edu for 25 million :D

They all played in England though, at the time of their transfers.

Hutton wasn't playing in England..

• Advertisement

They all played in England though, at the time of their transfers.For some weird reason English clubs feel that those prices are justified when it concerns English players.

If it happens that must mean we could sell Edu for 25 million :D

Hutton???

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Edu is better than Ki? Not at hope he is.

I was talking about Henderson, Carrol and Jones.

And do people on here really need to put a big old 'THIS IS A JOKE' behind every post, instead of a smiley ?
    Of course Edu isn't worth that, but neither is Ki, I put that number in there because Edu (despite being not good enough) plays for the champions, players from those teams generally get more money than the rest ;)
    The only one who could possibly leave for that kind of money is Kayal, the rest is (imo) deluded talk.

I think the reason for these English players going for so much money is partially down to this homegrown rule that has been introduced and the Engliah media bandwagon hyping up any player that shows some potential. Not a chance are the players mentioned previously worth that kind of money.

Hutton wasn't worth the money either but I think at that time Spurs were fond of wasting their money :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Anyone heading over to Easter Rd for the season opener?? Pittodre 2 weeks later is one of the best trips of the season, can't wait.

ps, Dublin Super Cup thing, where are the Celtic fans seated???

CARLISLE United have cancelled a big summer friendly with Celtic over fears that the city would play host to violent clashes between rival Old Firm fans.

The Blues had hoped to host Neil Lennon’s SPL giants next month but the fixture has been pulled on police advice.

There were fears that Rangers fans would stop off in Carlisle on their way back from a friendly at Blackpool the day before – leading to potential trouble between Gers and Celtic supporters.

Celtic manager Lennon had contacted the Cumbrians over a possible friendly on Wednesday, July 20, after striking up a good working relationship with United last season.

But United managing director John Nixon today said: “There were a number of issues that were raised which prevented us from going ahead with what would have been a very exciting fixture.

“Concerns were voiced that Rangers were due to face Blackpool the night before, and there was potential for some of their fans to make a stop off on their way back home.

“It was categorised as a high risk fixture, meaning that it would be fully policed and stewarded, with the additional costs that would incur.

“Having taken all of the safety issues into consideration it was decided that, regrettably, we would have to say no to this fixture at this point.”

Had the game gone ahead it would have given new Blues signing Jon-Paul McGovern the chance to face the club where he started his career.

United played three behind-closed-doors friendlies at Celtic’s Lennoxtown training complex last season and are planning similar trips next season.

Chief Inspector Mark Pannone, of Cumbria Police, said: “Certainly it’s not the case that the police have requested for the game to be pulled.”

He added: “Following discussions with Carlisle United, the team decided it wasn’t financially viable to go ahead with the match.”

Anyone hearing any transfer gossip?

Apart from Bosmans there won't be much, transfer window only opens on the 1st of July.

The first changes to the SPL fixtures have been announced with satellite TV deciding which games to show. Rangers v Hearts is now a 12:30pm start on 23rd July. Hibs v Celtic moves to Sunday 24th at 12:30pm. Dunfermline v St Mirren moves to Monday 25th at 7:45pm. Also changed are St Johnstone v Rangers on the 30th to a noon start and Aberdeen v Celtic on 6th August moved to the 7th at 12:15pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Poor old Marc Crosas eh, I thought he'd do a job for you, now he's dying of hypothermia up in Russia. :p

eZe^ wrote: »
    Poor old Marc Crosas eh, I thought he'd do a job for you, now he's dying of hypothermia up in Russia. :p
    Crosas is actually a lovely guy, had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions.
    As a langer, where is Liam Miller these days????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

eZe^ wrote: »

I liked Crosas, thought he was good on the ball and could pick a pass. Wasn't physically suited to the SPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

The first changes to the SPL fixtures have been announced with satellite TV deciding which games to show. Rangers v Hearts is now a 12:30pm start on 23rd July. Hibs v Celtic moves to Sunday 24th at 12:30pm. Dunfermline v St Mirren moves to Monday 25th at 7:45pm. Also changed are St Johnstone v Rangers on the 30th to a noon start and Aberdeen v Celtic on 6th August moved to the 7th at 12:15pm.

Don't see why they have to put the games on at those times for the first few weeks when there's no Premiership matches on. 2 or 3 o clock would be much better especially for the support travelling to Aberdeen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Anyone hearing any transfer gossip?
    I've been on the KDS forum and the strong rumour is that Jay Bothroyd will be signing for Celtic this Friday. And he has come in from 7/1 to 5/6 favourite now with the bookies to join Celtic so all this points towards him joining the bhoys.

Apart from Bosmans there won't be much, transfer window only opens on the 1st of July.

Didn't realise that, thought it was June 1st?

Didn't realise that, thought it was June 1st?

Usually players are released at the end of May/start of June so you see alot of free agents making moves in June but registered players cannot be transferred until 1st July.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I've been on the KDS forum and the strong rumour is that Jay Bothroyd will be signing for Celtic this Friday. And he has come in from 7/1 to 5/6 favourite now with the bookies to join Celtic so all this points towards him joining the bhoys.

http://twitter.com/#!/jaybothroyd
    1 hour ago wrote:
    Not sure where all the rumours are coming from but I honestly haven't decided yet

He's not giving anything away yet. Wonder what info the bookies have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Lads could anyone point me in the right direction for tickets to the super cup. Where is the best place to sit and is ticketmaster the place to get them?

Is this the nicest Celtic jersey you've ever seen?!

Would love to get this in an adult size.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/celtic/1983-84-celtic-away-shirt-bnib-boys-24472.html

vipuzq.jpg

So what are people's opinions on Jay Bothroyd if indeed it does turn out to be true?

I myself am not convinced he would add a whole lot to the team but I suppose he is a decent player on a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Is this the nicest Celtic jersey you've ever seen?!

Would love to get this in an adult size.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/celtic/1983-84-celtic-away-shirt-bnib-boys-24472.html

vipuzq.jpg

Touch of class that.

• Advertisement

So what are people's opinions on Jay Bothroyd if indeed it does turn out to be true?

I myself am not convinced he would add a whole lot to the team but I suppose he is a decent player on a free.

My guess is he'll be the new third choice striker. Don't see him as being particularly useful against the weaker teams but he may be used in Lennon's 'Rangers' system... basically he'll be the new Samaras imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement