Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to download trial version of office basic 2007?

Options
  • 23-12-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

HI all,
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum all, but I was wondering if anyone had a link where I could download the official trial version of office basic 2007? The microsoft site has a link, but it links to office pro instead.
    I have an OEM license key for basic, but the laptop came with Home/student and it wont accept my key, so I believe I have to download Basic.
    If anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OEM licences can't be transferred across hardware.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx

don't forget to change default document format to 97/2003 .DOC

otherwise people on older versions of office won't be able to open them with patches , like when the trial ends

of course openoffice 3 will read docx formats :pac:

http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/licensing.aspx?culture=en-US
    Licensing & Support
    The 2007 Office system trial products are for evaluation purposes only. At the end of the trial period the product will go into reduced functionality mode and you will have the option to convert it into a full version. Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms (MSLT) during the installation process for details around the license terms for the product you are evaluating.There is no product support for the trials. You are welcome to participate in a Microsoft Office newsgroup to share your trial experiences with others and ask for advice.

The above holds true for the following Microsoft Office 2007 Programs, including Microsoft® Office Access, Microsoft® Office Excel®, Microsoft® Office Groove®, Microsoft® Office InfoPath®, Microsoft® Office OneNote®, Microsoft® Office Outlook®, Microsoft® Office Outlook® with Business Contact manager, Microsoft® Office PowerPoint®, Microsoft® Office Project, Microsoft® Office Publisher, Microsoft® Office Accounting Professional, Microsoft® Office Visio®, and Microsoft® Office Word; or any of the following Microsoft Office 2007 suites, including: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft® Office Standard 2007, Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007, and Microsoft® Office Professional 2007.

There is no product support for the trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fantastic, thanks everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

http://us1.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx

don't forget to change default document format to 97/2003 .DOC

otherwise people on older versions of office won't be able to open them with patches , like when the trial ends

of course openoffice 3 will read docx formats :pac:

People using older versions of Office can't open Office 2007 files???

There must be someway they can open these files???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

salonfire wrote: »
    People using older versions of Office can't open Office 2007 files???

There must be someway they can open these files???
    typo that should have said "without patches"

you need to download about 70MB of 2007 converter and service pack and security patches to open it in older versions of office

they did this same change the format trick with office 97 too

• Advertisement
Advertisement