Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Delivered.3K8GSrrl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    In the status tab. It was out for delivery first. Then it added the extra info a few minutes after.

Mine still just says 'out for delivery'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Delivered.

Got it mine ;)

The damn tablet is faulty, screen flickering like a mad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Delivered.3K8GSrrl.jpg

I was really impressed with the packaging! Both the outer box & the device itself were really well packed.

• Advertisement

The damn tablet is faulty, screen flickering like a mad thing.

Ah jesus, seriously? That sucks! any pics of the screen? :( Hope mine is not the same.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Ah jesus, seriously? any pics of the screen?

Not very reassuring but it seems to only flicker on the first page of the windows install. Once I clocked next it fixed itself.

Not very reassuring but it seems to only flicker on the first page of the windows install. Once I clocked next it fixed itself.

OK, let us know if it acts up again.

OK, let us know if it acts up again.

Will do. Also when you get your let me know if it happens with them all or just mine.

Will do. Also when you get your let me know if it happens with them all or just mine.

Will do. Should be here within the next hour.

• Advertisement

F**k it. It's flickering again. Time to give meteor a call.

F**k it. It's flickering again. Time to give meteor a call.

Flickering all over or just on random screens?

Flickering all over or just on random screens?
    Whole screen. Here's a video of it.

https://vid.me/QBbL

Jeez, that's very bad alright! Give Meteor a call and let us know how you get on. My jiffy came today (day after calling them to return full-priced tablet) with tracking on it and all, so I doubt you will have any issue with getting a refund or replacement, if they have one. Maybe you could ask to exchange in-store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

FUBAR :(

Sam, dya get yours ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have one of these tables, works well. Must be a faulty one you got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yikes, not good. :(

dodzy wrote: »

Sam, dya get yours ?

Yeah I'm going to bring it to the local meteor shop and ask for an exchange. Strange thing is charging it seems to fix the problem momentarily. Its not low on battery though, has about 70℅.

Sam, dya get yours ?

Got mine - absolutely no issues here to report as of yet. Screen is grand. Happy out. The packaging they used to pack my phone & tablet was very thin this time around also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Spotted a linx 8 tablet in harvey Norman for €149 so I'm already happy with my purchase I haven't even received yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got mine thanks OP great bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone get a USB hub yet? Assuming we'd be better off with a powered one?

All sorted now. They swapped it for me there and then in the shop.

All sorted now. They swapped it for me there and then in the shop.

Ah fantastic, I would have thought they would insist on you sending it back as 'online are not connected to the shops' - that is the excuse I've gotten from O2 before when trying to do an in-store exchange.

Enjoy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Went for this yesterday lunch with an order. At that price, can't go wrong and even if I consider it a bridge tablet until I get one that I really hankering for. Be interesting to see how the Windows OS works out on it. Hopefully get some word in the next day or so that it is outbound and will be in my hands before the weekend!

Ah fantastic, I would have thought they would insist on you sending it back as 'online are not connected to the shops' - that is the excuse I've gotten from O2 before when trying to do an in-store exchange.

Enjoy! :p

Yeah I thought I might have to do that too but they seem to have changed their policy recently. Nearly certain I had to return something to them years ago via post that I bought online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the big joy f these is the ability to get on servers etc with ease just like any PC and being able to put any program onto it i.e. proper programs! Do we need AV software on these as it is a proper PC??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Mine arrived also.

The Lumia is on its way to Cex via An Post. Cost me €7.50 but the nearest Cex is about 50 miles away. So total price for the tab for me will be €50ish once Cex pay out.

I went through Fatcheese so that'll be €10 if it comes through - which is kinda doubtful, but worth a try.

Thanks again OP.

Yeah I thought I might have to do that too but they seem to have changed their policy recently. Nearly certain I had to return something to them years ago via post that I bought online.

Excellent. Bit of piece of mind that we don't have to ship it back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 egphy7dsm93tk5

Anyone know what CEX mean by A B or C type of phone? Is it condition of the phone or the box having factory seal etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

If anyone don't want their tablet I'll take it off them for 45 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Anyone know what CEX mean by A B or C type of phone? Is it condition of the phone or the box having factory seal etc?

Product Questions:

Why are some phones of the same make and model different prices?
    We charge different prices depending on the condition of our phones. We break this down into three grades:
    Grade A - These phones will be in good physical condition and come with all the original contents as sold when new.
    Grade B - These will be in reasonable physical condition, but can have slight blemishes on the case. They may be missing their original box, and one or two accessories. They will come with a charger.
    Grade C - These will be in full working order, but otherwise the condition is irrelevant. They may not come with box or accessories, but will come with a charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Probably a stupid question but is the screen protector on the tab meant to be removed?

It has a tab on the protector that looks like one of those 3 part items you get i.e. the protector and a front and back. I initially though that there was a "permanent" protector on it as the tab has number 2 on it and says to remove :confused:

• Hey lads I just noticed something! Are the mods not marking things as "EXPIRED" anymore? I found it fierce helpful....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hey lads I just noticed something! Are the mods not marking things as "EXPIRED" anymore? I found it fierce helpful....

I think they do but with this deal stock on the tablet has gone and more have become available later that day. so might not be expired yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,714 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hey lads I just noticed something! Are the mods not marking things as "EXPIRED" anymore? I found it fierce helpful....

The mods aren't psychic. You have to report a post and put in your comment that the bargain is expired. The mods will see these reports and act accordingly.

• unkel wrote: »
    The mods aren't psychic.
    Always with the excuses! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

TheDriver wrote: »
    the big joy f these is the ability to get on servers etc with ease just like any PC and being able to put any program onto it i.e. proper programs! Do we need AV software on these as it is a proper PC??

It should already have Microsoft defender installed which is quite good and not a hog of resources like some of the free antivirus software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

They have the linx showing available again but the option to add the lumia and the discount is gone. €69 for it is still tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

Thanks for the tip op, I missed DPD today so am picking it up at their depot tomorrow.

Early days yet but does anybody know if it's possible to download Bitcomet onto the tablet ? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ao wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip op, I missed DPD today so am picking it up at their depot tomorrow.

Early days yet but does anybody know if it's possible to download Bitcomet onto the tablet ? Thanks.

if you can do it on a PC, you can do it on this tablet. Its a normal working version of windows 8.1

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

@ TheDriver, that's great - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

anyone activated the 1 year microsoft office 365 yet? and if show how did you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Anyone been in to CeX with the mobile yet?
    Planning on dropping in to one in about an hour - will report back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Just got it there and have it running updates now.

Text is a bit small. Found I could change DPI for desktop mode but not for modern ui. There is a plastic layer over the back camera lens. Removing that improved quality slightly though it is still not great. Front camera is a bit better so might try it with skype later. The windows button on the side looked awkward at first but realised it is useful in landscape mode where I can press it with index finger. Very handy that it came with otg cable. Do dealz still do micro hdmi cables? Got one there before but not sure where I've put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They have the linx showing available again but the option to add the lumia and the discount is gone. €69 for it is still tempting.

Someone must have told them about the great deal and they stopped it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

frash wrote: »
    Anyone been in to CeX with the mobile yet?
    Planning on dropping in to one in about an hour - will report back then.

Yeah done and dusted. No issues. €46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Just got it there and have it running updates now.

Text is a bit small. Found I could change DPI for desktop mode but not for modern ui. There is a plastic layer over the back camera lens. Removing that improved quality slightly though it is still not great. Front camera is a bit better so might try it with skype later. The windows button on the side looked awkward at first but realised it is useful in landscape mode where I can press it with index finger. Very handy that it came with otg cable. Do dealz still do micro hdmi cables? Got one there before but not sure where I've put it.

is it not a Mini HDMI Port ?
    edit: looks like the linx website is wrong , all the pictures and reviews say micro-hdmi

Conar wrote: »
    Yeah done and dusted. No issues. €46

did they need to test it first, or did they buy it in as sealed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

papu wrote: »
    is it not a Mini HDMI Port ?
    edit: looks like the linx website is wrong , all the pictures and reviews say micro-hdmi

Yeah it's micro, never knew there was such a size. Thought mini was small enough, micro just looks too small and easily open to damage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement