Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecco - Up to 50% sale

Options
  • 22-01-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

http://shopeu.ecco.com/ie/en-ie

Some good stuff in their latest sale. Stuff isnt that cheap, but the quality is excellent. Great deals on Kids shoes and plenty of sizes available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thanks! It's not on all products though - the Helsinki shoes I like are still 110 euro (which is slightly cheaper than in the shop normally if there's no sale on). I did see a 10% offer but the 50% doesn't seem to apply unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Thanks for that.
    I got 1/3 off my favourite shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

One thing i could never buy on the net is footwear! need to try them on first before i'd even think about it.
    Is this sale in shops or online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Be careful of their shiney finish shoes and the suede ones. They scratch/scuff really, really, REALLY easily. They do make great shoes & boots though, especially the Goretex ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have a few pairs of Ecco shoes.
    I buy them in my local shop and get better value in the shop's sales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great shoes, built to last. And the Gortex shoes are great and a lot are for sale too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stupid bastard european sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Great shoes, built to last. And the Gortex shoes are great and a lot are for sale too!

Dont know about that, I got a pair couple years back, there is hardly any wear on them but the rubber on sole just disintegrated to nothing and let water in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I bought in to the ECCO hype and got a pair of shoes, most uncomfortable things I've ever had the misfortune to wear, after a couple of hours my feet are in bits. Seems to be a lot of hype with this brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I used to swear by them, very comfortable but the soles started splitting after a couple of months. I brought them back, they said they'd have to send them off to be checked and I never heard anything after that.
    They'll never get my money again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

I was converted last year - I always thought their prices couldn't be justified. I bought a pair - over 100 euro - and wear them every day to work. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Am I reading it right in that returns like if they don't fit properly cannot be returned to stores and charge for returns is €14?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Am I reading it right in that returns like if they don't fit properly cannot be returned to stores and charge for returns is €14?

If so whats the point in buying from them unless you're certain of the size you need in their shoe? I wouldn't buy from them on the basis of that €14 charge, they must think the public are idiots who return shoes just to annoy them or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

That statement was true 10 years ago. Used swear by them, but now they're just cheaply manufactured crap. Moved all their production out of Portugal and quality went down the can after that.
    I have a pair on my feet now that will be my last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

mad m wrote: »
    Dont know about that, I got a pair couple years back, there is hardly any wear on them but the rubber on sole just disintegrated to nothing and let water in.
    Tabnabs wrote: »
    I bought in to the ECCO hype and got a pair of shoes, most uncomfortable things I've ever had the misfortune to wear, after a couple of hours my feet are in bits. Seems to be a lot of hype with this brand.
    I'll bet if both of you check where your ECCO's were made, you'll find Thailand or some where, but not Portugal.
    ECCO reputation was built back in the day. It's no longer deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭gooner99

Was going to fork out on a pair of ECCO's, but not sure after reading this thread. What alternatives would you guy's recommend. Looking for something comfortable with good support to wear around the office. Casual dress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

That is a good point alright.

I have been wearing ecco boots for years. Normally I take a UK 11 but with ecco I found 46 (UK 11.5) suits me better.

Could you try fitting them on in a local store first before ordering online?

Ecco have online sales like this a few times a year and are still cheaper than my local store - even with the €14 return tag. Also when I asked my local store to match the ecco store online price they told me that ecco shoe prices are set/fixed and the retail stores can't go below them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Lol....Yeah I'm the same. Have to Google size 11uk into that stupid European sizing. Damn you Imperial Sizing!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Lol....Yeah I'm the same. Have to Google size 11uk into that stupid European sizing. Damn you Imperial Sizing!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL! :mad:

That's sad. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

mad m wrote: »
    the_pod wrote: »
    I used to swear by them, very comfortable but the soles started splitting after a couple of months. I brought them back, they said they'd have to send them off to be checked and I never heard anything after that.
    They'll never get my money again.

I had exactly the same problem last year, just over a year old when the soles started splitting. I've had cheaper shoes for less than half the price that have lasted well longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

got my ecco golf biom zeros and they are ace!

nice fit too....lets hope they last!:o

Advertisement