Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will i hear be able to hear my baby's heartbeat at 21 weeks?

• 18-05-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

I'm 17 weeks pregnant, (18 on sat) and i was just wondering, i have my hopsital appointment on the 15th of June i'll be 21 weeks by then, and i was just wondering will they check my baby's heartbeat with the doppler? i have been to the hospital a few times because i had a few concerns and that. But they never checked it, and i was just wondering will they check it for the first time on the 15th? i really hope they do as me and my fiance would do anything to hear our sons heartbeat? When i got the scans each time i could see his heartbeat and they said it was really strong :) but we never got to listen to it. so what does anyone think? will we be listening to our sons heartbeat at 21 weeks?? I am attending Holles Street btw
    Thanks,
    Kormeera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You'll definately hear it :D

They should check with a doppler at every appointment from now on so you'll get well used to the lovely little sound :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Absolutely.. i heard the heartbeat at 16 weeks in the hospital.. and again yesterday at 20+5. .. lovely little sound. .. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yes, should be easy to hear at that gestation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

heard "ours" at 13 weeks, 2 days ago - so at 21 weeks, definitely! ;-)
    It's soo exciting to hear it!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah I was at my doctors at 17 weeks & got to hear the heartbeat. In for a scan at 21 weeks, so can't wait to see the baby again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Yes they should check it then, and you will be able to hear it. You can hear they heartbeat from as early as 6 or 8 weeks i think. and if you dont hear it out loud and there just checking it on a scan, then you should ask! Around the 21 week mark you also get your anomoly scan, or your big scan, This is where they check all the babys measurments, fluid around the baby and all babys organs, blood flow and heartbeat. Its really amazing and you should get some good pic's! You will also be able to find out babys sex from around 18-20 weeks so at your big scan, if you want to know sex, and babys in the right position, then ask!!! Good luck and congratualtions!!

P.S You can buy fetal heart monitors from most baby stores now.I think they are around 40 or 50euro. You may be able to get one cheaper but the one i saw in eurocycles eurobabies was 45euro. You can hear heatbeat, movement and babys hiccups. You can even record on them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭3DataModem

We managed to pick up one of the twins at about 10 weeks, and the other at 12 weeks, with our own Angelsounds doppler.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tara2

when u go in 4 ur scan ask them can u hear the heartbeat all they have to do is turn on the volume on the machine,course u want to hear it i was the same,why dont u go to ur gp and get him/her to listen to it that way ul hesr it for sure,i did that with my 2 pregnancys until such time as i could feel the baby move,its nice to hear it and know all is well

Advertisement