Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby movement

Options
  • 17-05-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're worried go to the hospital.

Get your partner to drink some lucozade and lie down on her side for a little while... it may be possible that baby is just sleeping because of your partners movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, it could be due to the fact that baby is getting bigger and doesnt have as much room and if she still is feeling movement then i would say everything is fine. Iv read that you can go up to 2 days without feeling movement at all! but personoally i dont think i could stay sane for 2 days waiting to feel something!! Im almost 37 weeks pregnant and altlough my baby still moves around-ALOT, the movement is different now that im alot bigger. For example, while i still do get kicks, most of my babys movement is just that-movement. Like a squirmy feeling or him pushing up against me which makes the area on my belly he is doing that rock hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

33 week babies are generally fairly cramped in utero (assuming the baby is of average size for gestation). There is less physical space to move around so your partner should be feeling the movements to be different - gentle nudges and shuffling as opposed to somersaulting and spinning around that you might feel in early pregnancy.

If you have any doubts, a call to your midwife or GP will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A sleeping babe could definitely be the reason. Since your partner is at work and probably busy, it is also possible that she doesn't feel/ register the baby's movements, which are gentler now due to the restricted space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the babies sleeping pattern changes as it gets bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm 20 weeks on saturday and was wondering will i be able to feel my baby move this week or next week. felt a few little flutters here and there the past few weeks. but will i actually start to feel kicks and that this week or next week me and my fiance really cant wait and. we felt a little few a couple of weeks ago but will they be stronger this week or next week? thanks x this is our first xxxx

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It could really be any time. I think I started feeling proper kicks at about 18 weeks but our little dude seems to be incredibly active, and it can also depend on the baby's position. One girl I know didn't feel her first movement until something like 26 weeks but eveything was fine, it's just that everyone is different.

Advertisement