Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Killed By Dragons!

• 24-03-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Two Komodo dragons mauled a fruit-picker to death in eastern Indonesia, police and witnesses said Tuesday, the latest in a string of attacks on humans by the world's largest lizard species.

Police Sgt. Kosmas Jalang said 31-year-old Muhamad Anwar was attacked on Komodo, one of four islands where the giant reptile is found in the wild, minutes after he fell out of a sugar-apple tree on Monday.

He was bleeding badly from bites to his hands, body, legs and neck after two lizards, waiting below, attacked him, according to a neighbour, Theresia Tawa.

He died at a clinic on the neighboring island of Flores soon after.

OMG!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lawlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

How about them apples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

He shouldn't have tried to steal their sugar-apples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

komodo_dragon_04tfk.jpg - a komodo dragon

Holy f**k tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Lads, fetch me by platemail and broadsword +1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

they've been known to attack small children. quite comon i do beleave..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

their drool is caustic!

almost impossible for a komodo dragon bite to heal as it's so corrosive the wound never closes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Those things are ****in awesome. Saw them in a zoo before, quite enormous too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I can't wait for Lady Ramkin to try and explain this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

Dragons Den could do with a retooling methinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Beowulf! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

orestes wrote: »
    I can't wait for Lady Ramkin to try and explain this one
    I don't know who that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

..........Magic.......Mushrooms..........BadlySussed...................!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

they've been known to attack small children.

I'll take two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mud wrote: »
    their drool is caustic!

almost impossible for a komodo dragon bite to heal as it's so corrosive the wound never closes :eek:
    Worse that that, they have a shít load of really really nasty bacteria that will kill you from septicemia in days even if you get away from them and take antibiotics. One bite breaks the skin and game fúckin over. Apparently sceintist types are trying to figure out how they themselves survive as they're immune to these bugs and bites from other dragons. The ones in captivity lose this trick though and can't be put back in the wild as if they're bitten they'll die too. Biggest lizard on earth(that we know of, rumours of bigger in other parts of new guinea), then you look at salt water crocs and have a serious OMFG moment.

http://image24.webshots.com/25/9/28/58/36892858JQbsaN_ph.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

DaBreno wrote: »
    I'll take two.

really extra crispy and honey glazed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wibbs wrote: »
    Worse that that, they have a shít load of really really nasty bacteria that will kill you from septicemia in days even if you get away from them and take antibiotics. One bite breaks the skin and game fúckin over. Apparently sceintist types are trying to figure out how they themselves survive as they're immune to these bugs and bites from other dragons. The ones in captivity lose this trick though and can't be put back in the wild as if they're bitten they'll die too. Biggest lizard on earth(that we know of, rumours of bigger in other parts of new guinea), then you look at salt water crocs and have a serious OMFG moment.

And yet they still went to Komodo island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Wibbs wrote: »

When I opened this thread, I went from excited to disappointed, but...

Wibbs, you have made me excited about dragons again, thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

when the aborigines first arrived in oz there were giant monitor lizard things about the size of a saltwater croc :eek:

worse than drop bears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

DarkJager wrote: »
    How about them apples?

failquote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

no-one else? you sure? ok

I, for one, welcome the arrival of our new lizard overlords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kernel wrote: »
    Lads, fetch me by platemail and broadsword +1.

+1 against a Dragon? You're boned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Beowulf! :D

Sigh, again it's BEERwOlf :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

****in role players have gone too far.

Advertisement