Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Footloose

Options
  • 23-03-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing cnn.com and noticed a link to a strange old article -
    A severed human foot was found washed up on an island on the western coast of Canada this week, the fifth detached foot found in the area in the past 11 months, according to local police and media reports.

one local had this to say
    At first, the talk about it was really humorous. But as more feet turned up, the talk became sinister," she said. "These are pristine islands, not the place where you would expect to find a bunch of severed feet.

WTF!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/17/canada.feet/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I thought that there were more found.

There was a severed foot that was found somewhere in the UK recently as well. Obviously, there is a Canadian with a foot fetish on holidays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol funny people them cannucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DeltaHotel26

Wonder if the Scissor Sisters were on holidays there before they got locked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

there is danger afoot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wonder whats gonna follow in their foot steps?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It really rankles when there is no answer to these mysteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I hope the cops are given the resources toe nail this f*cker!!!! :mad:

A job for Walker Texas Ranger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A real life Dexter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I read somewhere that the "feet" were a hoax of sorts and they were runners with stones and seaweed that someone threw into the sea for whatever reason - probably some "art" thing or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So this thread has nothing to do with Kevin Bacon at all then? :(

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    So this thread has nothing to do with Kevin Bacon at all then? :(

Thank f*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I wonder if one of them belonged to this guy?

It's a good thing wrestling's not a real sport or he prob would have had to retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Maybe feeding the ducks at lunctime got a bit boring and they needed a new pastime , so they decided to cut off the feet of dead people in the morgue and chuck them into sea ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There is an underwater body farm near there. They say they are using pigs ;)
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19826611.300-forensics-ventures-beneath-the-waves.html?full=true

maybe it's where Steve Balmer dumps the bodies

Advertisement