Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Is ****?

Options
  • 22-03-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Why is it not funny anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

your **** if you don't like it go somewhere else. i think its grand

Not sure. I'm guessing it's something recession related.

Could also have to do with your sense of humor. Personally, since the "yore ma" posts started disappearing, i've thought AH has been better than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Cos there's mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

<insert lame joke here in attempt to get as many thanks as possible>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Not sure. I'm guessing it's something recession related.

Could also have to do with your sense of humor. Personally, since the "yore ma" posts started disappearing, i've thought AH has been better than ever.

Are you not allowed to say t"Yore MA" here anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Why did you not start a thread about something that is funny instead of moaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Cos since this whole recession started, any thread started here has one mandatory recession/anti-fianna fail-joke post where the poster thinks they are being funny and creative but they aren't..they're just beating a dead horse

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

*Simpsons quote goes here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I blame the advent of professional blogging. It's taken all the best online yappers away and destroyed the once amateur spirit of mindlessly posting sh1te on the net for the world to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

We need to mindlessly post more internet memes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Either you've become desynthesized or you are losing your sense of humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wagon wrote: »
    Cos there's mods.

But there are also rockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

But there are also rockers.

That caused me look at the Quadrophenia poster on my wall affectionately :) Thanks Karl Hungus!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Get pissed, it's always funny then.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

galwayrush wrote: »
    Get pissed, it's always funny then.:D

It helps when you see the words with double vision :P

Saibh wrote: »
    It helps when you see the words with double vision :P

Ohh, love that, and when you have to edit your post 5 times to get the basic spellings right, fantastic.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Too many thanks-whores tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jester77 wrote: »
    Either you've become desynthesized or you are losing your sense of humour!

He's become less combined? :confused:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synthesize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AH is the sum of it's users, including you. If it's shit, you need to take more responsibility and start being more funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Buzz Killington

I heard from a friend that all the mods on all forums were told to clean the place up, cos the owners don't want to upset the companies buying advert space.

Don't belive that for a second meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I heard from a friend that all the mods on all forums were told to clean the place up, cos the owners don't want to upset the companies buying advert space.

If Carlsberg did Boards, they would probably be the best boards in the world, but they wouldn't be advertising Heineken. :p

Why, is Max Clifford advertising here?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because you're a woman and you've no sense of humour.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Why, is Max Clifford advertising here?:rolleyes:

I believe he has a vacancy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

We need more Toilet Threads, ever since these were curtailed, the auld good humour and bonhomie usually prevalent around AH went due West.

Too many politically correct whankers took umbrage and the buttoned down brigade won the day.

Nothin' beats a good auld "bad toilet experience" to get the chuckles going, let's face it we all have had one of those.

Not that I'm complaining though, I have permission for a TT every two months, but regret cannot broadcast my very bad experience in Tuffloo at the bottom of Dawson St. today.

The auld spontaneity is gone, it's all PC now, mores the pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We need more Toilet Threads, ever since these were curtailed, the auld good humour and bonhomie usually prevalent around AH went due West.

Too many politically correct whankers took umbrage and the buttoned down brigade won the day.

Nothin' beats a good auld "bad toilet experience" to get the chuckles going, let's face it we all have had one of those.

Not that I'm complaining though, I have permission for a TT every two months, but regret cannot broadcast my very bad experience in Tuffloo at the bottom of Dawson St. today.

They were crap. :p

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Are you not allowed to say t"Yore MA" here anymore?

Dunno if they're banned or anything, but they don't appear as much, so that's a good thing.

The **** it is! Give me three minutes....

Done. Probably by locked insite five minutes, but hey - I tried!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

After Hours Is ****?

I think it's more of a 4.5 stars out of 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Good point OP, I couldn't agree more, AH has definitely gone to the dogs.

For a while I thought this was down to it being too heavily moderated. Take today's Jade Goody debacle for instance. The thing was a f*cking mess and a mod had to step in to sort it all out with bans, infractions and deleting of posts. All very school teacher type punishments but they are the only tools of the trade here on boards.

However at the same time, take a look at the same topic on B3ta (http://www.b3ta.com/links/293855 NSFW: Language). This is a site often compared to 4chan for its sick and twisted humour and is run by non other than Rob Manuel, the founder of Sickipedia. Sure a lot of people took swipes at Goody but there's enough cop on amongst the users to show some respect for the dead. I've been a member there for 3 years and in my opinion it is a much friendlier place to post than AH (this even being a place where two members can verbally abuse eachother without retribution). Even now, I'm wondering will this post get deleted but such is the schoolboy/teacher relationship which exists between normal users and mods.

But if it isn't moderators spoiling the party then what is it? Would it be daft to suggest a stricter policy is being applied from the top down. Well that could be a stretch and maybe one for the tinfoil hat brigade of the conspiracy theories forum.

Well ok if that takes the mods and owners out of the equation, what's left? Please don't say the recession. F*ck the recession. Yes times are tougher now but none of us are starving on the street because of it. So you might have to wait another 6 months until you get a new laptop, boo hoo I say.

So Boardsies I put it to you, yes you, you are the reason why AH is a mere shadow of it's former self! There is a massive community of people in this forum but nothing good comes of it, nothing! Any serious discussion is swiftly moved to it's correct forum, far away from the sharp edged dunce caps of the AH dumbies. Let's face it, this is the butthole of Boards, a collective of foggy notioned know-it-alls and half-arsed wanna be's, lolling and trolling with one hand on the mouse, the other scratching their arse.

But I say no more! If this forum is going to pick up again it needs some fresh content. We've all been guilty of the crap threads, no pun intended. But AH cannot carry on in this way with such gutter postings. It's repetitive and boring, repetetive and boring, repetetive and ...

Well I'm going to do my bit. No more recession threads. No more toilet threads. No more Polish are racists threads. Just no more dumb crap that I'd otherwise read in yesterdays freshly greased tabloids.

Rant over. Delete me, lock me, mock me... whatever. But I'll be back with, I hope, some threads to make this a better place in future because without good content this place is, like me... finished.

Advertisement