Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could I be pregnant?

• 30-05-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe I've been so stupid but here's my story and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I don't need any lectures please - I've been giving them to myself over the last couple of days.

I gave birth to a baby boy just under three weeks ago. Thankfully, it was a fast straight forward labour and birth and I didn't require any stitches so everything down below was more or less back to normal. Also, the bleeding stopped about a week ago.

So, on Friday night my friend insisted on taking the baby. I wasn't sure whether I was ready to let him go for the night but she wasn't that far away if I wanted him back or to go see him so I agreed. Myself and OH had a few drinks at home and one thing led to another and we ended up having unprotected sex. I can't believe this happened. I have never taken a chance like this before.

On Saturday, I went to Boots and spoke to the pharmacist about getting the morning after pill. We had a consultation and she seemed to think that the likelihood of me getting pregnant within 2.5 weeks was very very low. I told her I wasn't prepared to take a chance so i took the pill (Levonelle).

I'm trying not to think about but tbh it's on my mind all the time. I realise that I won't know until i do a pregnancy test in a couple of weeks time.

So I guess I'm asking what people's opinions are on the likekihood of getting pregnant within three weeks of giving birth and the effectiveness of Levonelle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm not going to lie to you hun, but i've really no idea. If its really worrying you, do a pregnancy test in about 2-3 weeks and maybe see your doctor befoe that. Sorry i couldnt be any great help hun x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Marguerite Tonery

It all depends on whether you have ovulated? Do you know that you have ovulated? Your cycle can begin soon after giving birth, that is within a few weeks, and women could potentially ovulate within 4 to 6 weeks after delivery. So, the possibility is quite low for you. The other thing is that you have now taken the morning after pill, so the chance of you being pregnant is as minimal as it can possibly get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I'm not an expert, but I would be pretty confident that the chances of you being pregnant are pretty low! By all means do a test in a few weeks to make sure, but I don't think I'd be loosing too much sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Just don't be too worry if you don't get your period in 2 weeks, mine where all over the place for the first 6 weeks. Taking the test would be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Belladance

Its is a common misconception that you cannot get pregnant until your periods return following childbirth. You can get pregnant as you will still ovulate. But you have taken levonelle within 24 hours and this is very effective in preventing a pregnancy so I feel you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement