Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strike on Monday: Yes or No?

• 25-03-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the Day of Unrest is going ahead or not? I need to book a tee-time for a fourball create a suitable placard. My favoured wording so far is..."The Game. You just lost it."
    So, without using expletives, what would/will your personal placard announce during the (potential) strike?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Get back to work you lazy shits.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

Whatever it is, ensure it has a glaring misspelling on it.. that way you get in the papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"I need a Union so I can have a day off!"

I'll carry that around work with me all day while I'm at my job working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OldGoat wrote: »
    what would/will your personal placard announce during the (potential) strike?

"We'll keep getting our pay rises. Don't you fucking worry".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

'THEY TOOK OUR JEEERBS!'

• Advertisement

Don't the Unions have to legally inform employers by today if they plan to strike on Monday

They have to serve strike notice a few days before the actual day itself...

What exactly are they striking for anyway??
    Money that isn't there?

Are they in anyway grateful that they have a job at all when the dole queues grow longer by the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Anyone who strikes on Monday should be SACKED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

"My placard is speechless"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

T-K-O wrote: »
    Anyone who strikes on Monday should be SACKED

Too right. Friday is a much more sociable day to go on strike. Nothing gets done anyway and we can head to the pub early if the weather gets bad and begin the w/e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

I hear the alzhemirs asscociation is strinking Monday,their chant is 'what do we want?we dont know!'...............'when do we want it?want what?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Too right. Friday is a much more sociable day to go on strike. Nothing gets done anyway and we can head to the pub early if the weather gets bad and begin the w/e.

Not gets done full stop with that shower of *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

We didint spot the hole in the boat till the water was almost up to our necks. The government is asking us to bail out faster while the captain and his officers sits in the wheel house filing their nails, the poor auld egits with the buckets in their hands better start bailing or we are all going to sink.

Strike? Why bother.

/ grabs bucket and goes back to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

I reckon everyone will be less stressed now we are all going on the labour,trust me its not the end of the world,aslong as you have a roof over your head,afew cans of beans in the cubbard(if you dont like beans replace them with something else),and a bed to sleep in,and eveything will be alright

Advertisement