Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus radio locked

Options
  • 25-08-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi! Bought a new car,radio is "locked". I got it unlocked and the codes I had were wrong! I have the correct code now, but it's "locked" again and I can't remember how I unlocked it!!!! Plz can anyone help!!!?? It's a 2009 Ford Focus. Radio is 6000cd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

On some cars it's a hour wait till you try again or disconnect the battery for ten mins and should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Does display read ...Locked or Security Locked

• Registered Users Posts: 12 claret.pink

Does display read ...Locked or Security Locked

Just locked. No numbers or anything!!

Look for someone in your area who can decode car audio

Look for someone in your area who can decode car audio

Took it to a ford garage! He said there's nothing I can do! New radio needed!!

• Advertisement

If you are at any time near to Loughrea I will unlock it for you. There is no need to replace the radio

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Just locked. No numbers or anything!!

Does the display actually say 'locked' (or anything at all?) If the display doesn't light up or show anything maybe it's not security locked at all, just not working.

If you are at any time near to Loughrea I will unlock it for you. There is no need to replace the radio

Awe thank you! :) I live near drogheda so probly not! Thanks so much :)

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Does the display actually say 'locked' (or anything at all?) If the display doesn't light up or show anything maybe it's not security locked at all, just not working.

Yea just says "locked", I'm sure there's a simple way around it, a car radio can't just be useless if you enter a wrong code too many times!

..a car radio can't just be useless if you enter a wrong code too many times!

It can, or it could get to a stage where what's needed to unlock it is more expensive than replacing it but it's unlikely you've gone this far. Don't enter anymore codes or anything & bring it to a car radio shop or someone who repairs car radios, they should be able to help.

• Advertisement

It can, or it could get to a stage where what's needed to unlock it is more expensive than replacing it but it's unlikely you've gone this far. Don't enter anymore codes or anything & bring it to a car radio shop or someone who repairs car radios, they should be able to help.
    Brilliant!!! Thank you :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Brilliant!!! Thank you :):)

What did you do in the end - same boat myself, after leaving the car for valeting for a week in the airport...hmmm

Dardania wrote: »
    What did you do in the end - same boat myself, after leaving the car for valeting for a week in the airport...hmmm

I ended up havin to buy a new radio! Code was entered too many times to fix!!

eeek - not good! pricey?

Dardania wrote: »
    eeek - not good! pricey?

€130 i think! Could have got cheaper though. Halfords!

I ended up havin to buy a new radio! Code was entered too many times to fix!!

Was it Halfords told you this?

Any Ford radio displaying LOCKED or SECURITY LOCKED or even LOCK 13 is not a write off. Many garages will tell their customers that the radio is beyond repair and try to sell a new one. Don't be fooled ,any Ford radio displaying the above can be made to work again at a cost much cheaper than having the radio replaced .

Any Ford radio displaying LOCKED or SECURITY LOCKED or even LOCK 13 is not a write off. Many garages will tell their customers that the radio is beyond repair and try to sell a new one. Don't be fooled ,any Ford radio displaying the above can be made to work again at a cost much cheaper than having the radio replaced .
    I've left my radio with the in car entertainment place in Ranelagh, to be sent off for review. He is cautiously optimistic.

I don't want a new radio, as I'm possibly selling the car in a few weeks...

Was it Halfords told you this?

There was cheapers ones in halfords but went for 1 that "looked nicer" ! 😆

Anyone i went to said no it couldn't be fixed!! So had to fork out for a new 1! Bought a new aeriel too and the radio stations arent coming in properly!!! Buggin me!!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone i went to said no it couldn't be fixed!! So had to fork out for a new 1! Bought a new aeriel too and the radio stations arent coming in properly!!! Buggin me!!!!

Who did you go to? A proper car radio shop who does repairs (not Halfords or a Ford garage) would have been able to get your original radio working.

Who did you go to? A proper car radio shop who does repairs (not Halfords or a Ford garage) would have been able to get your original radio working.

Went to a couple of places including a ford garage.they said it couldnt be fixed so i giv up n bought a new one.

Went to a couple of places including a ford garage.they said it couldnt be fixed so i giv up n bought a new one.

I have repaired that Locked fault many times

If anyone else ever has a similar problem with any security coded original manufacturer radio your first port of call to get it working again should be an old type car radio shop who does repairs on radios or an auto-electrician who has the technical know-how to repair it.

Places like Halfords or your local main dealer garage will not be able to help you.

I have repaired that Locked fault many times

They were fobbin me off so!! :(

They were fobbin me off so!! :(

You should ask your garage where do they send their radios to be repaired. Then ask that workshop if they can repair the fault in your radio .

Advertisement