Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Woodies rok pressure washer

Options
  • 17-05-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is ok for use on a car. They have one for sale at 50 euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

There okay, you get what you pay for but it does the job i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Rok are functional. That's about it. If you want something that will last consider the extra few bob for a Karcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is ok for use on a car. They have one for sale at 50 euro

Bought one last week and cleaned the patio and pathway yesterday, worked fine for me.
    The only issue I would have is that the electric lead is a bit short (3m) but an extension sorts that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I have an ROK power washer at home the last 5 years. The plastic lance split after a short while but other then that, hasn't given a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have a look at the nilfisk range, often on special on amazon or Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

MugMugs wrote: »
    Rok are functional. That's about it. If you want something that will last consider the extra few bob for a Karcher.

Lower end Karcher washers are rubbish tough. For similar money to a Karcher you could have a much superior Nilfisk pressure washer

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

&1 on the nilfisk, great value if you get on amazon or in argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

We have two karcher power washers at home both are quite good although older one is better. When I say the old one I mean older than me about 20 years old still works perfect great pressure too. We have a petrol one too but I often find the electric one just handier sometimes. Rok should be reasonably good it won't be amazing but I'm sure it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mpurdy27

Used (borrowed!) one of the Roc ones recently, higher poewr than the one on offer at the moment. Excellent for cleaning patio. Wish they were still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420315/Trail/searchtext%3ENILFISK.htm

...the amazon ones seem to hae risen in price...anyway solid buy right there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Lower end Karcher washers are rubbish tough. For similar money to a Karcher you could have a much superior Nilfisk pressure washer

I have no experience of Nilfisk.

I do have a lower end Karcher washer for in excess of 9 years and with regular use can tell you that those 9 years have been trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

When I was looking for a pressure washer I went with Nilfsk in the end. For the same price range (I got the €140 centennial from Argos)

Compared to the Karcher of the same price it has an aluminium pump K2 has a plastic one and it has aluminium lance coated in plastic K2 is just plastic.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420449/Trail/searchtext%3ENILFSK.htm

Comes with all the attachments you need to clean car and patio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

This Rok petrol pressure washer is on sale in Woodies this weekend

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/ROK-139cc-Petrol-Pressure-Washer/17482/4.1.2

Good deal or would I be better off getting a Karcher/Nilfisk electric washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Quick qauestion, would Karcher attachements fit a Rok washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

Wouldn't touch them again. I had mine for the last 2 years. Used it about 4/5 times and its now broken.
    Also have a rok drill that broke after using it just a few times. Really poor quality.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ordered this one today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/294/dp/B00AYBSQ4C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440497914&sr=8-6&keywords=nilfisk+pressure+washer

I've heard good things about nilfisk here, and my power craft one has given up on me...

MarkR wrote: »
    Ordered this one today.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/294/dp/B00AYBSQ4C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440497914&sr=8-6&keywords=nilfisk+pressure+washer

I've heard good things about nilfisk here, and my power craft one has given up on me...

How are you getting it delivered to Ireland? Parcel Motel?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Yep, parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Bought the Nilfisk C120 myself and just ordered a longer rubber hose from Directhoses.

Was in B&Q there and the Karcher K2 is only 64 euro if anyones on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Rok are the most pathetic excuses for tools I've ever come across.

I've used the sander, pressure washer, jigsaw, all brought back fairly lively. Yeah I knew what I was buying but still some part of me always thinks that this could be a good buy.
    But time vs worth of machine is not worth it.

Best buy I've got in woodies is the evolution chopsaw. Great piece of equipment for about 150 at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Fiacre8

I asked if Karcher were the same as rok as I needed a replacement hose connector for my ROK. Karcher told me they were different. I ordered one anyway from screwfix. It fits perfectly and works perfectly.
    I suspect a lot of the parts are standard and interchangeable.

Advertisement