Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wikileaks Coming Soon - I'm Waiting For The Irish Rebellion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Veles wrote: »
    Sounds like a synopsis of a new novel by Paddy Clancy,Tom Clancys Irish relative

In other words fiction.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm seeing a lot of 'calling' and a lot of 'supposition' and no proof.

Wheres the "supposition" exactly?

HE STATE’S human rights watchdog has called on the Government to ensure Ireland is not being used for “extraordinary rendition” flights following new evidence which links Shannon airport to the practice.

About 1,500 documents indicate that the CIA secretly flew terrorist suspects or prisoners around the world using privately owned aircraft between 2001 and 2005. At least 10 of these flights passed through Shannon airport.
    The documents were used as evidence in a court case involving a dispute between two private firms: Richmore Aviation, an aircraft operator and SportsFlightAir, an aircraft broker, which acted for a US government

Right there .

HE STATE’S human rights watchdog has called on the Government to ensure Ireland is not being used for “extraordinary rendition” flights following new evidence which links Shannon airport to the practice.

About 1,500 documents indicate that the CIA secretly flew terrorist suspects or prisoners around the world using privately owned aircraft between 2001 and 2005. At least 10 of these flights passed through Shannon airport.
    The documents were used as evidence in a court case involving a dispute between two private firms: Richmore Aviation, an aircraft operator and SportsFlightAir, an aircraft broker, which acted for a US government

Right there .

I think you need to look up the definition of "indicate" there.

Don't think so buddy,says all I need to hear.

Need to get more on the head of the pin than that lame one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

It's a sad state of affairs when people are not willing to listen to evidence in such times as these. It is clear to see the badness and total mismanagement when governing this country over the last number of decades. The people at the very top do not represent us and are our enemies. Why would you brush that aside?

Rebellions are rare in countries which enjoy a very high standard of living.. People are too comfortable on their couches, eating dinner and browsing the internet to be bothered with it.

It's a sad state of affairs when people are not willing to listen to evidence in such times as these. It is clear to see the badness and total mismanagement when governing this country over the last number of decades. The people at the very top do not represent us and are our enemies. Why would you brush that aside?

Not brushing that aside man, just don't accept crusty arguments as Gospel.

No offence meant, but that is fcuking codswallop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

4leto wrote: »
    Wikileaks Ireland

Do think they will expose Kerry's Atomic bomb programme.

I have suspected that for years.

Yeah the Gooch is case and point they have been experimenting with radioactive materials there for some time.

Your understanding of some basics needs to be looked at here. When a set of papers 'indicate' something, that is not the same as a set of papers 'supposing', 'hinting', 'wildly speculating'.

Did you look up the definition of "indicate" yet?

No....not the HEAD OF A PIN
    ....I never saw that one coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Now that theories have been aired, tell us what has been proved, and who actually gives a fook?

Only the hammer wielding crusties who were bailed out by the taxpayer for damage to US plane.

:rolleyes:

There are people out there who do give a fook about US terror squads abducting and torturing people and using Ireland as a transit point for their crimes.

Nodin wrote: »
    Your understanding of some basics needs to be looked at here. When a set of papers 'indicate' something, that is not the same as a set of papers 'supposing', 'hinting', 'wildly speculating'.

Did you look up the definition of "indicate" yet?

No....not the HEAD OF A PIN
    ....I never saw that one coming

When you have some hard proof, and someone like the Gardai arrest and charge someone give me a shout.

Until then I won't worry too much about how terrorists are brought to justice.

Much more concerned about groups of seemingly unemployed agitators costing the State a huge wedge for damage really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Indeed I am..you see Matthew, a large coterie of people seem to think that only the 'big guys' rode high on the fat of the hog's back in the good times.

Au contraire ,compadre, the little man, for want of a better word, turned the focking screw too.

€200 eurons for a call out and the clock was running on arrival.

The lads with the 'cement boots' driving the Pajeros didn't come cheap.

The cleaners with the 'little place' in Andalucia, the bus driver with the second home in Wexford or Bulgaria....don't fool yourself hombre, not only the 'big boys' had their snouts buried deep in the trough.

Different times then buddy.

While no doubt the 'middle class' expanded during the boom, your average person didn't see much of the boom despite what RTE programming would have you believe.

I'm not saying I or my family were impoverished. But we didn't go on holidays every year, have a second home and get a new car every year. Far from it.

Fact is it was the people on top who encouraged the new trend of spending and borrowing. If you wern't buying a second home in Croatia or whatever you were stupid. The banks were encouraging your average working class person to 'invest' in property abroad etc...

The pigs may have had their snouts deep in the trough to the point of blindness but I'm paying big time for this economic fallout and there's holes in my shoes, not theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

When you have some hard proof, and someone like the Gardai arrest and charge someone give me a shout.

Ah, another unquestioning "If the cops say something it must be true" poster then?
    Until then I won't worry too much about how alleged terrorists are brought to justice.

FYP. None of them have received any due process whatsoever, and if such flights are passing through Ireland, we are playing a part in subverting justice for them.
    Much more concerned about groups of seemingly unemployed agitators costing the State a huge wedge for damage really.

Ah yes. The usual stereotyping of political activists as wasters. Not, y'know, people who care about the world we live in and don't like to see those in power BREAKING THE LAW.

Tell me, why are YOU content to stare at your TV and moan on Joe Duffy rather than getting out there and working to disrupt those who are practicing corruption?

• Advertisement

When you have (...........)are brought to justice..

More blather, bluster and guff eh?

.....despite the fact that the posts and articles you were replying to had nothing really to do with them.

Did you look up what "indicate" means yet?

More blather, bluster and guff eh?

.....despite the fact that the posts and articles you were replying to had nothing really to do with them.

Did you look up what "indicate" means yet?

Had everything to do with them, my friend.

Like I said, I would be a lot more concerned for people in this country who have to foot the bill for aircraft damage in Shannon, than the alleged ill-treatment of terrorists who are not too fussy about their methods themselves.

If the Irish are going to rebel, maybe they better figure out who the real enemy is, and not be hoodwinked by the 'save the world' geezers.

:cool:

Had everything to do with them, my friend.

Dear god......

The protesters in Shannon damaged a US military aircraft in connection with its involvement in the Iraq war.

The articles refer to private planes being used by the CIA to smuggle or "rendition" Prisoners to various 'black' sites and detention centres around the globe.

Did you look up the word "indicate" yet?

Dear god......

The protesters in Shannon damaged a US military aircraft in connection with its involvement in the Iraq war.

The articles refer to private planes being used by the CIA to smuggle or "rendition" Prisoners to various 'black' sites and detention centres around the globe.

Did you look up the word "indicate" yet?

The protesters damaged a US military aircraft because it was transiting Shannon.

They couldn't give Jack Schidt about the 'cause'.

'Cause' has very little to do with their aims and ambitions,once it hits the taxpayer and the 'establishment' they can snuggle up in their tents,contented.

Rattle up any auld 'cause' however far removed,and once it doesn't involve turning up for an honest days work and paying taxes, you will always get a crowd.

You should know that?;)

The protesters damaged a US military aircraft because it was transiting Shannon.

They couldn't give Jack Schidt about the 'cause'.

So more guff and bluster to cover your ignorance of the facts. The truth is that any article relating to any protest would garner a similar almost word for word response from you.

It's bad enough that you can't argue any position you hold, but it would also seem you aren't too sure what you're arguing against....and don't seem remotely worried by the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

More Wikileaks revelations about Ireland.

It turns out Bertie and Cowen where actual CIA sleepers with orders to infiltrate FF and become Taoseach and await orders.

Their orders where to collapse the Euro by any means possible, it looking like they were incredibly successful.

They are the best agents the CIA ever trained both are masters of disguise but Cowen on occasion did let that skill drop and Bertie speak was actually coded messages.

Who would ever have believed.

So more guff and bluster to cover your ignorance of the facts. The truth is that any article relating to any protest would garner a similar almost word for word response from you.

It's bad enough that you can't argue any position you hold, but it would also seem you aren't too sure what you're arguing against....and don't seem remotely worried by the fact.

I'm very sure who I am arguing against.

The 'save the world' crowd who adopt some fly-blown cause,whilst totally oblivious of the fact that they are being funded by the hard working taxpayer.

I'm arguing against those who use 'the system' to engrandise themselves and cheat the taxpayer.

Terrorists need to feel that there is an outfit out there who will hunt them down and whilst they can ignore the niceties of recognised warfare they expect their opponents to play within some kind of rules.

If you want to throw your lot in with some shadowy punters who kill and maim innocent civilians, and use legalities to escape prosecution when it suits them,that's your choice.

Sure as hell ain't mine;)

I'm very sure(..........) choice.

Sure as hell ain't mine;)

None of which came up. You barely addressed what did, and showed a shocking lack of understanding of the english language in the process.

fly blown cause...where did I hear that before....

None of which came up. You barely addressed what did, and showed a shocking lack of understanding of the english language in the process.

fly blown cause...where did I hear that before....

Yes I did, in actual fact.

What you fail to understand ,my friend, is that whilst there is a coterie of posters who flock to thank people like you for their stance against the established run of things(they are here already;)) it won't stop people like me opposing those views and siding for the honest John Q. who pays his taxes, works, pays his/her mortgage and contributes to society.

That's the person I stand up for, not the shadowy supposedly concerned citizen, who from a position of power tries to undermine the system and side with the unproductive drone and agitator, happy in the knowledge that their existence will not be threatened.

So forgive me if I have little interest supporting the cause of terrorists who gave innocent people no platform to defend themselves, or people like Assange .

Yes I did,(........), or people like Assange .

More generalised yap, the same dreary phrases, the same blind scattergun rant. In a few more posts you'll doubtless have dragged the civil service into it.

Nixon would have loved your attitude.

More generalised yap, the same dreary phrases, the same blind scattergun rant. In a few more posts you'll doubtless have dragged the civil service into it.

Nixon would have loved your attitude.

There you go again, can't handle anyone who opposes your view, resort to red

herrings and insults.

Only thing I am interested in regarding the Civil Service is value for money in the current circumstances, but I suppose you will have some off the wall view on that too.

There you go again, can't handle anyone who opposes your view, resort to red herrings and insults.

I've bookmarked that post for humourous purposes. Well done you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

More wikileaks

Mary Coughlin and Jackie Healy Rae are not from this world, kind of obvious really.

Advertisement