Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Satellite dish Realigning

Options
  • 25-07-2014 3:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi folks, anyone know of any satellite installers in the Ennistymon area who can realign a satellite dish that was blown down recently. When I googled, I could only find people around Ennis who might not want to come down for such a small job

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'll PM the no of someone in that area

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TV Guy is based in Lahinch. He's a good guy.

https://www.facebook.com/TVGuyireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's worth a try to give it a go yourself.
    If you can get at the dish and put it up again yourself (I don't know how handy you are, so disregard if not applicable) and point it roughly into the right direction.
    I moved house and hung up the dish at my new house myself, just pointed it into roughly the right direction while keeping an eye on the signal indicator on the telly (you may need a partner for that) and just search the skies in a left-right, up-down pattern.
    For that I set up my sat box and telly at the foot of the ladder and navigated to the Signal test page in settings. I'm sure you can also get an app for your phone that will tell you where to find the satellite in the sky.
    I found my satellite, so no need to call someone.
    If the dish needs repairing/replacing or you wouldn't trust yourself high up on a ladder, fiddling with a dish, disregard what I said.

Advertisement