Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile date coverage in north Clare?

Options
  • 19-07-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Which mobile network has the best data coverage in the area around the Clare/Galway coastal border?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Which mobile network has the best data coverage in the area around the Clare/Galway coastal border?

In my experience, 3 are great for data. There is 3G on the Aran Islands and in North Clare in a lot of places. Customer service is non-existent however.

Then O2/Tesco, 3G in Ballyvaughan and a lot of places, best for phone coverage in North Clare.

Meteor/eMobile: Meh, touchy at times.

Vodafone/Lyca have 3G in Ballyvaughan & Lisdoonvarna, they are better for phone coverage in west Clare, touchy in North Clare. 4G is some spots (see their coverage map).

You won't get 3G down west/south Clare, except in Kilkee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks. This is (very) coastal, near Kinvara, or as some road signs and Google Maps have it, Kinvarra.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Thanks. This is (very) coastal, near Kinvara, or as some road signs and Google Maps have it, Kinvarra.

Check the coverage maps. There would be 3G in Kinvara with most networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Mr. G wrote: »
    Check the coverage maps. There would be 3G in Kinvara with most networks.

That's not altogether possible; most of the coverage maps aren't zoomable, so I can't see if the area I'm seeking (not Kinvara itself but on the coast near there) is covered.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Vodafone is decent in Lahinch - there's a new mast/transmitter in the village i'm told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Vodafone is decent in Lahinch - there's a new mast/transmitter in the village i'm told.

I can only just about get 3G Vodafone mobile BB in Dunsallagh, 4 1/2 miles from Miltown - right on the edge of reception area, surrounded by hills - so, probably picking up the Lahinch signal! They advertise 7.2 Mps but lucky if I can get 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Getting 8.5 Mbps on a Vodafone 3G wifi dongle yoke here in White Strand outside Milltown Malbay

Speedtest results here: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/912162278

Edit: This is the yoke: http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/mbb/vodafone-mobile-wifi-r206/White. I have it on pay as you go.

Advertisement